Calendar

Calendar [Paid] 2.4.5

No permission to buy ($60.00)
Would it be possible to get an alternative simple Upcoming Events widget that is just the event title, location (if there is one) and the event date?

Also any possibility of applying a color to dates when displayed in the calendar? The way I am using the calendar has a lot of recurring events on a weekly basis, so it is a bit heavy when it all looks the same.

Hey @NixFifty

One of our users asked us to make our add-on Post Macros originally created by @Liam W to be compatible with your Calendar add-on. We don't have a license for your add-on, how can we do that? (y)

Regards, SyTry
If you make an account on my support site, I can set you up.
Would it be possible to get an alternative simple Upcoming Events widget that is just the event title, location (if there is one) and the event date?
Yeah, I'll make that more customisable.
Also any possibility of applying a color to dates when displayed in the calendar? The way I am using the calendar has a lot of recurring events on a weekly basis, so it is a bit heavy when it all looks the same.
Go to Admin -> Calendar -> Event calendars and then each calendar can have its own distinct background, border and text colour within those settings.

If you make an account on my support site, I can set you up.

Yeah, I'll make that more customisable.

Go to Admin -> Calendar -> Event calendars and then each calendar can have its own distinct background, border and text colour within those settings.
I actually meant for events in a calendar. For example the event that recurs every other weekend would be able to be pink, but the other reccuring weekend event would be purple.

Last edited:
This really looks like a great upgrade of our current calendar add-on. Lots of nice features and structural improvement by the author, well done.
One pre-sale question I'd have is if I'm correct that the export ICS feature is not correctly adhering the recurrence of an event? I'm not seeing it back.

Also, when looking at the event time, eg. on "Recurring event @ first sunday each week", it displays from 8:30 AM --> 1:00 PM.
1) Can this also be set to 24hour notation? and 2) in the ICS file it states T120000Z (till 12:00 PM), off by an hour. Which one is right?

Last, line breaks in the description of the ICAL are not encoded right. They should at least contain "\n" and I think (but no expert on vcalendar specs) not have real linebreaks.

I will upgrade my live environment from XF1.5 to XF2.2 soon. We already have a lot of events for 2021 and a lot of clients used RSVP to join the events. What happens if we upgrade to calendar 2? Do the events and RSVP entries remain?

Edit: It appears it was the fault of an automatic Plesk update and the timing just so happened to capture that table in the error log.

Last edited:
NixFifty updated Calendar with a new update entry:

Version 2.3.0

• Add the ability to create pre-defined event venues that users select when creating events.
  • Add an activity summary definition to pull latest events.
  • Add a rebuild tool to rebuild event location metadata.
  • Assorted changes to how distance filtering works to yield more accurate results.
  • Adjust how upcoming events are ordered in the associated widget.
  • Fix incompatibility between the Calendar and Gift Upgrades add-ons.
  • Ensure thread type information is added on fresh...

Read the rest of this update entry...

NixFifty updated Calendar with a new update entry:

Version 2.3.1

• Add an option to limit event venues to specific calendars.
  • The event creator is now able to send alerts (if they have permission) to users who have RSVP'd a certain way.
  • Add additional links to the navigation bar to quickly find events you're going to, might be going to or are on the waiting list for.
  • Allow widgets to be ordered by event attendee counts.
  • Add a widget option to only show events occurring at specified venues.
  • Fix reference to wrong column in "Latest...

Read the rest of this update entry...

The only thing that is holding me back to buy a license is, that it seems that your calendar isn´t providing searchable categories for events, like other calendar addons do. Any chance you could implement such a functionality, @NixFifty ?

The only thing that is holding me back to buy a license is, that it seems that your calendar isn´t providing searchable categories for events, like other calendar addons do. Any chance you could implement such a functionality, @NixFifty ?
I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean. Would you mind elaborating or showing an example?

I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean. Would you mind elaborating or showing an example?
Sure. In Jaxels addon you can setup different categories for events in the ACP and users can choose which category their event fits in while creating the event. For example: in a website about cars the categories fairs, trade show, repair workshops, etc are in use. These help a lot when you have a forum like "DIY repair" and want to show a calendar widget in only this forum with only those calendar entries matching the category "Repair Workshops".

Sure. In Jaxels addon you can setup different categories for events in the ACP and users can choose which category their event fits in while creating the event. For example: in a website about cars the categories fairs, trade show, repair workshops, etc are in use. These help a lot when you have a forum like "DIY repair" and want to show a calendar widget in only this forum with only those calendar entries matching the category "Repair Workshops".
That's already a thing aside from the fact that they're named differently. In my add-on, a category would be considered a "calendar" and then the items in that calendar are the events themselves. You can also restrict widgets to only showing events from certain calendars which would achieve what you're looking for.

Hi @NixFifty. Everything works for me except these 3 things -
  • Events that span over a month are only visible during the first month in month view and week view. To make them show up on all the event dates, I have to make them recurring events. However, I'd like to have the event title bar span across the whole calendar instead of short title bars appearing on each day.
  • In week view and day view, those events also don't show up after the first month of occurrences, and hitting the back button makes all the occurrences disappear. The only way to see the event again (at least partially) is to go to month view.
  • Exporting these events turns them into one-day entries. Does this add-on only work for single-day events?
I'd really like this add-on to work, but if it will only confuse my users, I definitely can't add it to my site. I hope to hear back from you!

• Events that span over a month are only visible during the first month in month view and week view. To make them show up on all the event dates, I have to make them recurring events. However, I'd like to have the event title bar span across the whole calendar instead of short title bars appearing on each day.
  • In week view and day view, those events also don't show up after the first month of occurrences, and hitting the back button makes all the occurrences disappear. The only way to see the event again (at least partially) is to go to month view.
I think I may have replied to your ticket earlier in the day about these but essentially, these are stemming from FullCalendar (the JS library used to generate the calendar view). It's on my list to upgrade this to a more recent version, which should fix these issues.
Exporting these events turns them into one-day entries. Does this add-on only work for single-day events?
I'll check this out as this shouldn't be the case.

I think I may have replied to your ticket earlier in the day about these but essentially, these are stemming from FullCalendar (the JS library used to generate the calendar view). It's on my list to upgrade this to a more recent version, which should fix these issues.
Thanks for both of your responses; I've just replied to your response on my ticket.

I'll check this out as this shouldn't be the case.
Thank you and I hope to hear back soon about this.

Request - would love to be able to display a default image for all events that get added where the author doesn't add a photo, instead of displaying the author's avatar. Maybe have a setting in the admin panel to specify an image URL.

Top Bottom