XF 1.5 cacheSessions: does it only use the configured backend cache or can it be pointed at another cache?

CTXMedia

Formerly CyclingTribe
I've been tweaking my server today and replaced my Libmemcached backend cache with APCu because it's faster (in my set-up).

Unfortunately, with cacheSessions enabled everyone gets logged out anytime you stop/start or restart Apache because it flushes the APCu cache.

The "fix" was removing the cacheSessions line from /library/config.php and reverting back to the default of storing of session data in the XF SQL tables.

However, I wondered if there is any way to reenable cacheSessions but point it separately at Libmemcached?

Thanks,
Shaun :D

Xon

However, I wondered if there is any way to reenable cacheSessions but point it separately at Libmemcached?
I've done a fairly simple add-on which implements a separate session cache. I haven't yet finished writing migration scripts to copy over if you are using Redis/MySQL. Once I've finished the migration scripts I plan to release this as a free add-on.

But if you want a simply want a separate memcache instance it will function properly. It has all the options (except cacheSessions) as the normal 'cache' block.

I do recommend testing it on a staging instance first.