Cache settings for CloudFlare

Rocket mode off with aggressive caching and 1 week ttl. Minify everything.
Page rule for admin isn't needed.

Yeah, thats the exact setttings I have, except there is no "week" TTL..... 8 days I have mine set to.

Do you really need the caching of CloudFlare? I mean are you running out of bandwidth or something like that? I use CloudFlare and I disabled every form of caching from their control panel since day 1. The result: ZERO problems.

The only reason why I use CF is to prevent attackers from knowing my server IP.

Why not use caching? Caching means that resources are served via cloudflare and saves your server resources. Result, less server bandwidth and faster website. I have zero problems, the trick is to NOT enable the rocket loader.

Incidentally, my GTMetrix page speed grade is A (97%)

The only reason why I use CF is to prevent attackers from knowing my server IP.

That is the same reason we are using CloudFlare. We were under heavy attack.

Thank you all for your replies. I will set it according to your advices after my hosting provider fine tunes everything after the CloudFlare switch.

Cloudflare doesn't help much about DDOS attacks.
You need a solid hardware/data center protection with that, Like OVH/SoYouStart/Versaweb.

It even works against Layer 7 attacks but you need the Business plan ($200/m) and set your protection level to High or get into the "I'm under attack mode".

I swear, new type of attacks can bypass that mode.
You still need a solid hardware on your server.

@RoldanLT - Does Mirage work with image attachments now? Last time I used Cloudflare, it didn't recognize Xenforo attachments as images.

I am currently using KeyCDN for my attachments, but KeyCDN doesn't optimize images for mobile at all.

Top Bottom