Buying a mobile (cell) phone & contract in the US

No fear of that.
I run, walk, or scooter everywhere currently and only use public transport when I have to.

My daughter and I scooter to school and back every day (which amounts to about 25km a week and also includes climbing a total of 3,500 steps to cross a high bridge across the dock) and I also run up to 40km a week so the car will just be for necessity.

My wife would actually like to walk/cycle to work but the route doesn't seem that friendly for pedestrians/cyclists with very few pavements (sidewalks).

And that's still the same state! :D

Three hours driving in the UK would take you from the east coast to the west coast.

12 hours would get you from the south of England to the north of Scotland here... The size of the US is just insane.

Thats what kills me about a UK car parts group i follow. A guy asks what area the part is in and then says nevermind. If its in england and you're in england. How far of a drive could it possibly be? Yes i get the traffic aspect. Most of the cases the guys arent in any of your other territories lol.

On a daily basis i drive from northern Maryland through DC into Northern Virginia about 40 to 50 miles 1 to 2 hours depending. Then back and if its rush hour its 3 hours going home.

My job once had be go all the way to Rhode Island unload and come home. One month i drove to Raleigh North Carolina everyday. Id kill to have everything within say 150 miles of me. I can get crap on my day off and not pay to ship huge objects.

Thats what kills me about a UK car parts group i follow. A guy asks what area the part is in and then says nevermind. If its in england and you're in england. How far of a drive could it possibly be? Yes i get the traffic aspect. Most of the cases the guys arent in any of your other territories lol.

On a daily basis i drive from northern Maryland through DC into Northern Virginia about 40 to 50 miles 1 to 2 hours depending. Then back and if its rush hour its 3 hours going home.

My job once had be go all the way to Rhode Island unload and come home. One month i drove to Raleigh North Carolina everyday. Id kill to have everything within say 150 miles of me. I can get crap on my day off and not pay to ship huge objects.

You have to factor in the cost of petrol, which I believe is around 105ppl at the moment (which translates to around $5.75 a US gallon if my maths is correct).

Public transport isn't much cheaper... It's around £100 for a train ticket from my town to London...

Liam

Top Bottom