Button-free navigation

I actually prefer this. I didn't get the urge to click at all. I think once something is embedded for so long you just get used to it without a thought. For some people anyway. :)

It feels "nice". It almost feels "peaceful" and "xen". ;) However, I always found myself having to avoid stuff. I could probably get used to it.

I don't like it. Clicking gives you the ability to perform an action and then rest, which is either far more difficult or impossible with the click-less UI demonstrated there.

An interesting experiment well-executed, but that's where it ends, in my opinion.

I don't like it. I like the ability to move my mouse around without the page changing on me.
For example, some times I hover over what I read just to keep myself reminded where I am, and their "The Statistics" part REALLY breaks the experience for me. I want to, for example, click on one of the boxes, keep it pinned open, and move my mouse over to the white area and read without having it switch away to another box.

I agree we should cut down on the requirement of clicking, but I don't think it will work too well anywhere. Maybe touch screen interface would work, but aside from that, as long as we have a mouse attached to our computers, we should click it!

Top Bottom