BusinessChat - Australian Business Forums

Sim

We launched BusinessChat last week as a sister-site to our existing PropertyChat website.

2016-09-08_12-58-54.webp

With the success of our PropertyChat community, I've had a number of people suggest I start something similar for businesses in Australia.

Other than Flying Solo, which is focused on solo operators and micro-businesses, there doesn't seem to be anything else catering to general business discussion in Australia.

It wasn't in my current plans to launch a new site right now - and I couldn't think of a good name for the site anyway (all the good domains were taken), but then I had the opportunity to purchase the businesschat.com.au domain name, so jumped at the chance to launch the site.

I pretty much just duplicated the work I'd already done on PropertyChat - so the sites look almost identical (other than a slight change to the primary colour scheme), and that allowed me to get the site operational in just a few days.

Screenshot_20160908-130948.webp

I haven't yet bedded down my business model for the site, but I'm just going to let it grow and find its own way in the short term. My focus will be on growing and nurturing the community rather than monetisation. PropertyChat is still my prime focus at this point anyway.

I think it looks absolutely fantastic. I am just an Australian Small Business operator, but like the site and am very jealous of some of what you have achieved on there by way of how it all stands out and looks/interacts.

Will be following with excitement and see what else you can come up with. Thank you for starting something for Australian Businesses.

Top Bottom