Burning Board best Software 2012 Oo

Online polls are notoriously unreliable. Just ask Time and their Man of the Year or Mountain Dew and their "Dub the Dew" campaigns...

To be fair... 2012 wasn't a good year for XenForo, not being the negative nancy but please do tell me how XF improved minus 2 small patches (1.1.2 and 1.1.3) that contained only bug fixes if I recall.

As for burning board I wouldn't use it and I think they publicly begged their users to vote for them if I recall.

To be fair... 2012 wasn't a good year for XenForo, not being the negative nancy but please do tell me how XF improved minus 2 small patches (1.1.2 and 1.1.3) that contained only bug fixes if I recall.

As for burning board I wouldn't use it and I think they publicly begged their users to vote for them if I recall.
They did last year.

You can't take a poll like that serious, as it can easily be manipulated and depends way too much on customer activity and awareness of the poll. To have a fair outcome, it would have to be decided by a jury of objective experts. People who understand code, UI etc. but are not customers of the products themselves.

You can't take a poll like that serious, as it can easily be manipulated and depends way too much on customer activity and awareness of the poll. To have a fair outcome, it would have to be decided by a jury of objective experts. People who understand code, UI etc. but are not customers of the products themselves.
Yup, and it has already been manipulated...look at the 2013 voting link above ;)

That site is a joke, I mean they praised VB4 on RELEASE, but anyone who'd actually used the software, knew how bad it was, heck it took almost 2 years to reach a semi "gold" standard after their official gold release.

Probably 98% of the votes for WBB are of German origin, because elsewhere, nobody gives a damn.

WBB 3 isn't exactly bad - in many areas, it's probably better than VB4 (not that this means a lot though), but it shares the same ancient design and is anything but a modern software.

By the way, there was a thread about the upcoming WBB4 and this one is going to look a lot like XF - wonder why? :)

I have seen some WBB4 Screens. From what i know they are working on it since 2010. If you ask them when a Beta will be released, they always respond with the same statement: "It will not work on a schedule, but quality."
Since almost 2 Years now. I always must smile a bit if you see how KAM made Xenforo

WBB4 might look very similiar to Xenforo but the Code will be different. It´s horrible

Top Bottom