XF 1.2 bunch of 'max_user_connections' errors after upgrade to 1.2.3

electrogypsy

i upgraded XF from 1.2.2 to 1.2.3 today, but unfortunately my internet got disconnected half way through the upgrade. i resumed it, but ever since the upgrade was completed i've been getting a lot of messages like so:

Code:
An exception occurred: User db**** already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections in ****/html/community/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php on line 333

Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->_connect() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 315
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->getConnection() in XenForo/Application.php at line 684
    XenForo_Application->loadDb()
    call_user_func_array() in XenForo/Application.php at line 921
    XenForo_Application->lazyLoad() in XenForo/Application.php at line 952
    XenForo_Application::get() in XenForo/Application.php at line 1336
    XenForo_Application::getDb() in XenForo/Error.php at line 52
    XenForo_Error::unexpectedException() in XenForo/Application.php at line 363
    XenForo_Application::handleException()

i talked to my hosting company (mediatemple) and nothing has been changed over there, so im assuming something got screwed up in the upgrade. obviously 'max_user_connections' means i have too many scripts running to the mysql database (max is 30), but im not sure how to track down the problem.

Last edited:
There's really nothing in (or since) the upgrade that should cause that. If it happens, you'd need to (quickly) run the following query via something like phpMyAdmin:
SHOW FULL PROCESSLIST;
To try to figure out if there are a bunch of lingering connections.

You could disable the "Enable Delayed Insert SQL Queries" option as well.

i think i just got an unusual bump in traffic due to a local news article at unfortunately the same time i was upgrading the forums (or shortly before/after). i've been looking into it and it seems like this isn't a XF issue. thank you for your responses though!

Even my website is facing similar issue. Tried above but issue remains the same.

Is other Xenforo forums are having similar issues ?

Even my website is facing similar issue. Tried above but issue remains the same.

Is other Xenforo forums are having similar issues ?
Yeah, I get the same sometimes after I Tweet a page but not every time - I guess it causes more activity suddenly. This probably happens to me once a month or so but my host has no idea and just suggested to upgrade to a dedicated server or VPS. For now, I'm just ignoring it. I haven't upgraded to 1.2.3 as yet - will be soon - so it probably isn't related to the new upgrade (that's just a guess).

Same with me too. I have recieved a email from my host suggesting to go for a dedicated server.

Something surely not good with 1.2.3 . I am getting traffic from foreign counmtries which is not required as my forum content are not international.

The same Problem on all my Forums since update

User xxxxx already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections - library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php:333

#0 /www/htdocs/xxxxxx/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(315): Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->_connect()
#1 /www/htdocs/xxxxxx/library/XenForo/Application.php(684): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->getConnection()
#2 [internal function]: XenForo_Application->loadDb(Object(Zend_Config))
#3 /www/htdocs/xxxxxx/library/XenForo/Application.php(921): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#4 /www/htdocs/xxxxxx/library/XenForo/Application.php(952): XenForo_Application->lazyLoad('db', NULL)
#5 /www/htdocs/xxxxxx/library/XenForo/Application.php(1336): XenForo_Application::get('db')
#6 /www/htdocs/xxxxxx/library/XenForo/Model.php(161): XenForo_Application::getDb()
#7 /www/htdocs/xxxxxx/library/XenForo/Model/DataRegistry.php(138): XenForo_Model->_getDb()
#8 /www/htdocs/xxxxxx/library/XenForo/Model/DataRegistry.php(97): XenForo_Model_DataRegistry->_getMultiFromDb(Array)
#9 /www/htdocs/xxxxxx/library/XenForo/Dependencies/Abstract.php(144): XenForo_Model_DataRegistry->getMulti(Array)
#10 /www/htdocs/xxxxxx/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(127): XenForo_Dependencies_Abstract->preLoadData()
#11 /www/htdocs/xxxxxx/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#12 {main}

My hoster means, that the scripts are missing the "close" for the database. What shell i doing?

Last edited:
Top Bottom