[BS] Scheduled posting [Deleted]

All I can tell you is that it's easily reproducible on my end. I just created a brand new test account that belongs only to the Registered group, which has no permissions to create or view scheduled posts; then I created a scheduled post as an admin (for September 5), then went back to the test account (in another browser) and saw the scheduled post under whats-new/posts/. I'll try rebuiding/deleting and reinstalling the addon later and see if that makes a difference.

All I can tell you is that it's easily reproducible on my end. I just created a brand new test account that belongs only to the Registered group, which has no permissions to create or view scheduled posts; then I created a scheduled post as an admin (for September 5), then went back to the test account (in another browser) and saw the scheduled post under whats-new/posts/. I'll try rebuiding/deleting and reinstalling the addon later and see if that makes a difference.

Just tested, I even can't see these scheduled threads from admin account, unless I'm accessing the subforum where they have been created.

Reactions: 021
Problem fixed! Rebuilding the addon (which I'd done before) didn't change anything, but actually deleting and reinstalling did. Weird. I wasn't seeing any kind of errors to indicate a problem with the addon, and the version number I just downloaded from here was the same as the one I had installed. But for whatever reason, it worked. Sorry for any undue stress. 🙃

One suggestion, would be great if there would be option to schedule threads every month, week or day too :)

Hi. I found an issue when trying to schedule a thread on mobile phone, the calendar is over the screen.

Photo attached

Screenshot 2020-09-19 070942.webp

@021 - If the schedule posts can also schedule an edit of the thread title when the thread owner is the one who scheduled the post, that would be phenomenal. (Or just a sub-function which creates a scheduled edit of the thread title.)

This addon creates 36 new queries on my forum index, Is there not a more efficient way to handle this?

Permissions
  • Create scheduled publications
  • View scheduled publications

Hello,

I'd like to use this for my site vendors so they can setup their sale threads in advance.

I assume the person can see their own scheduled publications so is the "View scheduled publications" permission the same as "View other's scheduled publications" which is something I would want to keep turned off for most.

Hello,

I'd like to use this for my site vendors so they can setup their sale threads in advance.

I assume the person can see their own scheduled publications so is the "View scheduled publications" permission the same as "View other's scheduled publications" which is something I would want to keep turned off for most.
.hello. This permission is located in the section "Scheduled posting moderator permissions" and therefore it is obvious that this permission is not to view own publications. After all, in principle, it is not logical to make the permission to view own publications :)

.hello. This permission is located in the section "Scheduled posting moderator permissions" and therefore it is obvious that this permission is not to view own publications. After all, in principle, it is not logical to make the permission to view own publications :)

Thanks for the reply. I guess you assumed I already has this add-on installed. I don't, so it was not obvious to me. ;) Just wanted to get some clarification before deciding if I'm going to try it.

There is an issue with this addon on mobile phone which still haven't been fixed. The calendar is not showing up properly. Can you have a look please.

Top Bottom