[BS] Similar threads [Deleted]

Widget position defined wrong, so you need to manually change widget position.

Also, It shows really irrelevant threads.

I just have tested it.
I start a new thread with "cats", some threads are shown with "cats".
Then i write "dogs".

Now the 5th. thread is changing, we see now:

something with cats
something with cats
something with cats
something with cats
something with cats and dogs

The sorting seems to be the date.

The date is more important than the result?

cats+dogs should be a better result than the rest, right?
but i am happy that we have found it at all on place 5.

Hello there
Your addon is useful, looks good, I know it's free, but it is buggy.
The logged-in users of my website took to much time to post or update any thread on 4-5 days, as soon as I disable this addon, the website worked fine again. It showed a 2006 MySQL error.
I guess there is an incompatibility or something.
My current server configuration is XF 2.2 + PHP 7.4 + MySQL 10.3.32
Kind regards

Hello there
Your addon is useful, looks good, I know it's free, but it is buggy.
The logged-in users of my website took to much time to post or update any thread on 4-5 days, as soon as I disable this addon, the website worked fine again. It showed a 2006 MySQL error.
I guess there is an incompatibility or something.
My current server configuration is XF 2.2 + PHP 7.4 + MySQL 10.3.32
Kind regards
Hello. You need to google this error and configure your MySQL server accordingly, it is probably out of resources. The add-on uses the standard XF search engine to find relevant threads and does not create a load in excess of regular search

Can this addon show similar threads in thread view, without creating a new topic. I want to use it to display similar threads so users will start to read something new immediately, especially if they come from search engine.

Hi, 021,
great add-on and very usefull. But I noticed a problem, when I insert more then one keyword to the editbox. In that case it shows all threads sorted by the date, not only matched. It looks like bug...

Example 1: one word inserted (everything is correct)
1669987035338.webp

Example 2: more words inserted (now shows absolutely all titles of treads in that category. The keyword is ignoring)
1669987328752.webp

My question. Is the way, how to switch off showing "similar" threads when inserting more than one word?
Now it is disorienting.

And it would be usefull, if it had a switch in the settings, to choose "find keywords only in the titles" or "find also in the content". Now there is not an option to search "only in titles"

And very cool option would by "search similar thread using more than one keyword", especially in big forums.

jardob

Hi, 021,
great add-on and very usefull. But I noticed a problem, when I insert more then one keyword to the editbox. In that case it shows all threads sorted by the date, not only matched. It looks like bug...

Example 1: one word inserted (everything is correct)
View attachment 277622

Example 2: more words inserted (now shows absolutely all titles of treads in that category. The keyword is ignoring)
View attachment 277626

My question. Is the way, how to switch off showing "similar" threads when inserting more than one word?
Now it is disorienting.

And it would be usefull, if it had a switch in the settings, to choose "find keywords only in the titles" or "find also in the content". Now there is not an option to search "only in titles"

And very cool option would by "search similar thread using more than one keyword", especially in big forums.

jardob
Hi! Is this wigdet is working for you on XF 2.2.12?
img.webp

I can confirm this
No similar thread displaying at all, any idea why this is happening?
I tried to disable all add-ons but it didn't work, only work in create thread, there was no similar threads below quick reply form even though it already has in widget
I'm using xf 2.1x
update : i've figured out why it didn't show in my case, when I disable 'unlimited scroll' add-on, the similar threads works

Last edited:
update : i've figured out why it didn't show in my case, when I disable 'unlimited scroll' add-on (which also belong to @021), the similar threads works
update : found the issue, which was in template modification => unlimited scroll => thread_view => 'bsuc_thread_view_sticky_editor'
it finds
Code:
/(<xf:if is="\$thread\.canReply\(\)">)(.*?)(<\/xf:if>)/s
and replace with
Code:
<xf:if is="$xf.options.bsUcEnableThreadView">
    $1
        <div class="stickyEditor" data-xf-init="form-submit-row"
             data-container=".p-body-pageContent"
             data-fixed-child=".js-quickReply">
            $2
        </div>
    $3
    <xf:else />
    $0
</xf:if>
Turn that off then similar threads add-on went back to normal
If I guess then this template modification is for 'Enable unlimited scrolling in a thread view' option of unlimited scroll add-on, luckily I don't need this feature so I can turn it off and use similar threads add-on

Last edited:
Hello,
Have installed this and rebuilt the search indexes etc but nothing showing. Are there any additional steps required to get it going please?

Top Bottom