XF 2.1 Browser Compatibility?

MatthewC

Hey,

I've had a user message me about this before. He happens to be using Epic Privacy Browswer which is based on Chromium. When he goes to create a new thread, which he has the permissions to do, he gets the following screen (which I also get after installing Epic Privacy Browser and testing):

As you can see there is no where to enter text.

I have suggested to use a different browser, but shouldn't this work on something based on Chromium? I'm running stock Xenforo 2.10 with no plugins or modifications of any kind.

Thanks,

Matthew C.

Just tested this on macOS which is at version 63.0.3239.108 and it works fine:
It's possible that it could be OS specific (I suspect the screenshot is from the Windows version) but that's unlikely. As you say, a browser based on Chromium should be fine.

So this could be something internal to the browser, like a non-default setting that's a bit overzealous or a browser extension. It may be useful for them to switch on the development JavaScript console to see if any errors are logged.

Note that for the most part, we tend to roughly follow a X - 1 or X - 2 type of browser compatibility model for auto updating browsers (like Chrome), though we may make exceptions at times. If the 63 in the version number relates to the Chromium version, that's a build that's about a year old now.

I just took a chance and updated to 2.1 and I am having this same problem. there is no place to make a reply, and when trying to create a thread, there is no text area other than the thread title.

Usually this sort of behavior in web browsers is due to overzealous ad blocking blocking some scripts. From the name, I'm guessing Epic Privacy Browser has built in ad-blocking. Can you disable this for this site? Also, check out the F12 Developer Tools for script errors, which will probably explicitly tell you ad-blocking was the problem.

Usually this sort of behavior in web browsers is due to overzealous ad blocking blocking some scripts. From the name, I'm guessing Epic Privacy Browser has built in ad-blocking. Can you disable this for this site? Also, check out the F12 Developer Tools for script errors, which will probably explicitly tell you ad-blocking was the problem.

I have no ad blockers and am totally blocked from posting on my own forum.

Try looking at the Console in the F12 Developer Tools. There should be an error.

Didn't see anything.

clean theme added the post editor back in, not sure why it wasn't there on my old themes as one of them is the default. Got rid of the errors when posting once i updated enhanced search to the preview release. Many of the errors were directly mentioning enhanced search.

Mine seems to be ok now.

This is what I get for beta updating a live site, LOL

Top Bottom