Browser issue Broken selector on mobile devices

inzanty

Affected version
This style based on default and i also checked on default style, bug confirmed. In addition some information about mobile device:
iPhone 11 Pro
Safari (iOS 14.6)

Attachments

You might need to clarify the video a bit more, in terms of what you're doing specifically and what you expect.

On mobile devices, when content overlays are opened (like this or a popup menu), we add another element to cover the page behind it in order to prevent clicks being processed unexpectedly when tapping to close this menu. Given that the menu is open and I presume you're long pressing, this is more or less expected. If you just tap, it should hide the menu/member card.

You might need to clarify the video a bit more, in terms of what you're doing specifically and what you expect.

On mobile devices, when content overlays are opened (like this or a popup menu), we add another element to cover the page behind it in order to prevent clicks being processed unexpectedly when tapping to close this menu. Given that the menu is open and I presume you're long pressing, this is more or less expected. If you just tap, it should hide the menu/member card.
It’s affected when i clicked on username and after that i randomly pressed on blank space like copy-paste text on iPhone. But member card didn't disappeared.

I don't think there's a huge amount we can do here as it looks like a couple of native iOS behaviours are fighting with each other. Namely the text selection highlighting a bunch of text and tapping on that activates the iOS selection tooltip which prevents the click events being emitted.

Workaround is to tap outside of any highlighted text and it should cancel the selection and close the member card.

There's not going to be anything practical that we can do here but this isn't something that is easy to trigger or difficult to get out from so I think we'll deem this acceptable and put it down as a browser issue at this point.

Top Bottom