1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Breadcrumb in Sidebar

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by AVidan2006, Dec 20, 2013.

1. AVidan2006

AVidan2006 Member

Hello all,
    I seem to have tripped over something in my haste to customize our board. Take a look at the picture attached below. If you don't notice it right away, it's this: There is now a breadcrumb navigation bar in the sidebar. Any page that has the sidebar profile, also has the stunted breadcrumb. It appears in all of the themes. Does anyone know where I can go to find the element I need to remove? I know I'm missing it somewhere, and your help would be greatly appreciated.

To see it in action, you can go here: http://www.wordforge.net/index.php?members/

BreadcrumbinSidebar.jpg

Last edited: Dec 20, 2013
  2. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I'm not seeing this when I visit your site as a guest. Have you customized the sidebar_visitor_panel template?

3. AVidan2006

AVidan2006 Member

Not that I'm aware of, no.

4. Jeremy

Can you send me ACP details, I cannot replicate this as a guest.

5. AVidan2006

AVidan2006 Member

You can use our guest testing account. It gives very basic access, but you can see the profile bar on profile pages and member lists.

The username is guest_test
    And the password is guest_test

To see the breadcrumb issue in action, visit this page: http://www.wordforge.net/index.php?members/list

6. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

My best guess would be you edited page_container moving the bottom breadcrumb out of it's original location. It's happening on any page with a sidebar(I think) so I would make a copy of page_container, revert the template then slowly re-apply your edits(minus the moving of the breadcrumb)

7. AVidan2006

AVidan2006 Member

There are no modifications in the page_container template. This is a head scratcher for me.

8. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Past that possibly a missing closing div tag somewhere in maybe your ad templates, custom sidebar templates or any other modified template you may of done.

I suppose export your style first, revert customized templates one by one.

AVidan2006 likes this.
  9. AVidan2006

AVidan2006 Member

That's probably what I'll have to do, because I don't see any other way. Well, I really appreciate the responses. At least we got things narrowed down!

Edit: I used the Tormus Div checker, which combs your website for missing div tags, and it didn't find any issue.

Also, up until 30 seconds ago, I had no idea there was a Tormus Div Checker.

10. Jeremy

What style is this on?

11. AVidan2006

AVidan2006 Member

Out of all of our styles, the issue can be found on Odelay 2.1, Plainsman, Odelay Soft & Smooth, Ashlands.

12. Jeremy

I am unable to see it currently on Odelay 2.1. If you provide ACP access, I can look into the issue for you.

13. EQnoble

EQnoble Well-Known Member

Not knowing what was changed I am not going to tell you to change this that or the other thing because it will probably just make a mess of things guessing as a person with no hands on it...however, if you don't want to edit anything that is there and you just want to fix the layout....paste this in your EXTRA.css template...

Code:
    .breadBoxBottom {
        clear: both;
    }

AVidan2006 likes this.
  14. AVidan2006

AVidan2006 Member

It worked! Thank you! :D