XF 2.1 Bounce connection error: last request failed

LawdBeerus

I'm trying to set up bounced email handling with Gmail, but get these errors sometimes. What's wrong?

Code:
Zend\Mail\Protocol\Exception\RuntimeException: Bounce connection error: last request failed src/vendor/zendframework/zend-mail/src/Protocol/Pop3.php:166
Generated by: Unknown account Mar 2, 2019 at 5:53 PM
Stack trace
#0 src/vendor/zendframework/zend-mail/src/Protocol/Pop3.php(104): Zend\Mail\Protocol\Pop3->readResponse()
#1 src/vendor/zendframework/zend-mail/src/Storage/Pop3.php(148): Zend\Mail\Protocol\Pop3->connect('ssl://imap.gmai...', 993, 'ssl')
#2 src/XF/EmailBounce/Processor.php(237): Zend\Mail\Storage\Pop3->__construct(Object(stdClass))
#3 src/XF/SubContainer/Bounce.php(15): XF\EmailBounce\Processor::getDefaultBounceHandlerStorage(Object(XF\Pub\App))
#4 src/XF/Container.php(28): XF\SubContainer\Bounce->XF\SubContainer\{closure}(Object(XF\Container))
#5 src/XF/SubContainer/Bounce.php(43): XF\Container->offsetGet('storage')
#6 src/XF/Job/EmailBounce.php(20): XF\SubContainer\Bounce->storage()
#7 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(253): XF\Job\EmailBounce->run(G)
#8 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(195): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, G)
#9 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(79): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, G)
#10 job.php(42): XF\Job\Manager->runQueue(false, 8)
#11 {main}

If it's happening consistently, it's an issue with the details you've used to setup your bounce handler connection. If you're 100% sure they're correct, then there may be something on your server which is intercepting the connection (not uncommon with some shared hosts) or there's an issue with the IMAP/POP3 provider. If this was working before and nothing knowingly changed on your server, the latter may be the cause (though it's hard to be definitive).

If it's happening consistently, it's an issue with the details you've used to setup your bounce handler connection.

I for a reason instead of punching in the incoming email details, I put the outgoing email details and yet running around complaining about it.

Top Bottom