XF 2.1 Unsubscribe connection error: last request failed

Solution
The options screenshot you've included isn't the relevant option -- that one is for sending emails.

But that specific error message essentially means that the response from the server wasn't what was expected for an IMAP server, so you may need to contact whoever is providing the IMAP/POP3 server to confirm everything is working ok. If it is, it could theoretically be something on your server that is messing with the outgoing connection (commonly seen with outgoing SMTP connections; I suppose it could happen for other connections too).
This generally indicates that the POP3 account details you entered for the unsubscribe handler aren't correct. I'd check to make sure they are correct (host/port/encryption and username/password).

It should just show up where you configure the unsubscribe handler in the options:

1599479925442.webp

Looking a little more closely at the stack trace, the error appears to be happening on connection, so I think that's actually before any authentication is done. This might potentially be pointing to the server not being a POP3 server as expected or that the server itself is having problems, though unfortunately getting the specific response returned isn't easily done without code modificaitons.

If you're sure all your configuration is correct, it may be worth contacting the POP3 server provider to ensure the server is behaving as expected.

The options screenshot you've included isn't the relevant option -- that one is for sending emails.

But that specific error message essentially means that the response from the server wasn't what was expected for an IMAP server, so you may need to contact whoever is providing the IMAP/POP3 server to confirm everything is working ok. If it is, it could theoretically be something on your server that is messing with the outgoing connection (commonly seen with outgoing SMTP connections; I suppose it could happen for other connections too).

Solution
Top Bottom