1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 bottom scrollbar when browsing XF on 15inch screen

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by erich37, Apr 19, 2014.

1. erich37

erich37 Well-Known Member

I recently browsed xenforo.com on a 15 inch screen laptop.

When clicking the orange "Sign Up Now"-button, then it shows a scrollbar (for scrolling left-right) at the bottom.

Why does it show that scrollbar at a 15 inch screen when clicking the "Sign Up Now"-button ?

Not sure if this is a XF-bug, but at least it looks buggy.

:confused:

2. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

Screen size is irrelevant. It's screen resolution that will affect whether a horizontal scroll bar is displayed or not.

I'm using a 14" laptop with a screen resolution of 1366 x 768 and there's no horizontal scroll bar when clicking the "Sign Up Now" button. I've also tried it on 1024 x 768 and 800 x 600 and there's no horizontal scroll bar on those either.

3. erich37

I do not have any access to that laptop anymore, so I can not take a screenshot.

Anyway, there was no horizontal scrollbar at xenforo.com , the scrollbar only appeared when clicking the "Sign Up Now"-button.

The screen-resolution at that 15 inch laptop was fine, since no other website showed any horizontal (left - right) scrollbar at all.
    It only showed a scrollbar at xenforo.com and only when clicking the "Sign Up Now"-button. (white-transparent mask active).

4. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

It has to do with the width of the mask and IE behavior. Generally expected.

5. erich37

yeah, the width of the mask...... that's what I assumed.