XF 1.1 Boss Wants to Switch Back to vBulletin...

I know, I'm not happy about it myself.

Anyways, here's the situation...we migrated over from vB a few weeks ago, thanks to @Adam Howard! He did an excellent job, and I would highly recommend his services to anyone looking to switch over.

In any event, there's a few things that are missing from vB, such as the ability to see how many people are currently viewing the thread. I'm sure that there's others, but I can't think of any off of the top of my head.

So, with that being said, for all of the ex-vB guys and the xF team here, what add-ons can we add to our forum now, in order to show the same metrics/usability as vB? I know that the update is coming soon, but he doesn't want to wait until then...

Also remember VB was full of pages like "Thanks for posting, you're now being redirected".

If you're counting those then your numbers now WILL be less than they were but that doesn't mean you have less visitors. XF offers a lot better user engagement than VB did and you WILL notice the bounce time and time on site stats get a lot better.

He thinks that switching back to vB will get the guests back...

BTW, the forum members and I LOVE xF!

So he wants bots which may just be spam bots, over happy members?

What does google webmaster tools tell you, that's where I would start with your boss.

of course we'll all be bias, but I think your boss should really consider what he's asking.

Good luck with that

Yeah, I could do that, but he's wanting a solution right now. Adam and I have already explained to him that we should wait for the update, as it will make Adam's job of updating it that much more time-consuming...
I said that if he wanted it to be more stable for the add-ons he was looking into, then yes, 1.1 was the answer. But if he wanted something more current he could go for 1.2, but it would not support all the add-ons he wanted ASAP (unless he hired someone to code them ASAP).

I can upgrade you to 1.2 anytime he wants. But it also would depend on the add-ons he wanted, which was the issue.

let your boss do his own mistakes - "like a boss". Eventually, he will appreciate you more about your suggestions, and he would get the idea that you were right.

Top Bottom