Bookmark

Bookmark 1.9

No permission to download

AndyB

AndyB submitted a new resource:

Bookmark - Allows bookmarking posts so you can get back to them at a later time.

Description:

Allows bookmarking posts so you can get back to them at a later time.

(Example of Bookmark link)

View attachment 95407

(Example of Overlay)

View attachment 95408

(Example of Bookmark List link)

View attachment 95409

(Example of Bookmark List)

View attachment 95410

(Example of User Group Permissions)

View attachment 95411

Features:
  • Bookmark link will show Unbookmark when you have already bookmarked a post.
  • User...

Read more about this resource...

Can I just ask what the difference is and what benefits this has over and above the other bookmarks mod?

Yes, besides the obvious. I meant functionality?
Daniel's Bookmarks is much more advanced. My fav features:
  1. Display selected bookmarks in a quick link navigation tab.
  2. Shared bookmarks.
  3. Receive an alert whenever a bookmarked post status is changed.
  4. Daily Stats
  5. Most Bookmarked Content
As someone who uses Andy's add-ons, I am pretty sure this one is great too.
So the questions is what do you need; a more advanced bookmarks or more simple?

Yes, besides the obvious. I meant functionality?
It looks as if this add on is just a lite version. It lacks integration with other add ons, has less permissions to set, less options, etc.. Being free is the biggest (only?) positive difference for it.

It's much lighter. The other bookmarking mod is overkill and feels clunky. This is a simple lightweight way to store posts of interest. No frills.
Feel free to make suggestions for my add on; I've made it so you can turn off most of the stuff in mine that is overkill. Maybe you want options to make it even more simplified.

great mod

can you add an alert timer or something..say i bookmark a post and i want to reply to it 3 days later...let us put a timer and get an alert then

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the mod. The link doesn't show up in the drop down though for me (custom skin). I uploaded files, installed xml and set permissions for my admin group, registered and mod group to allow. Hard refreshed home page, still not there.

It is nice to see another add-on from you Andy.
As someone that made a bookmarking add on I was curious about your approach so I went ahead and downloaded it and took a look.

I have a few suggestions if I may:
  • It might be a good idea to clean up data when users get deleted or merged.
  • Permissions should be removed when uninstalling the add-on.
  • Fetching of the bookmarks in thread view needs optimizing as you are re-fetching stuff and adding unnecessary queries.
I've also spotted a concerning issue:
  • I seem to be able to edit (change the note text) and delete any user's bookmark - even those that don't belong to me. All I need to do is guess the bookmark ID.

Once those things are fixed, I'm sure this will be a nice, super 'lite', version of the other bookmarks add-on.

Top Bottom