Resource icon

Book Reviews 1.0.1

No permission to download
No post since in about 6 months. Any alternatives to this?
@Bob's Showcase works very well for reviews.

You can add custom fields for making sure you have all the relevant information and then add Custom Review Fields to suit the way you want to review. This is what we did:-

review1.webp
review2.webp

Do you have plans to develope this add on further? I am creating a book website/forum where book reviews will be posted, but I feel like this is lacking some necessary features. For example, what about authors who publish their books on barnes and noble, iTunes or Kobo? Will users be able to add a book they read, are reading or want to read to a "shelf" on their page? If you are willing to add these extras into this add on, I will be happy to contribute towards it. If you can add this, please message me and we can discuss further. I was going to have a similar book review add on developed, but if we can work together to add these features that I need, this would save me time and hundreds of dollars.

The developer has left XF long ago. Several of his addons have considerable quality problems. Right now Showcase is the best reviews addon.

The developer has left XF long ago. Several of his addons have considerable quality problems. Right now Showcase is the best reviews addon.
I own this addon. Currently, we have no plans to develop it further. I agree with Alfa, Showcase is the best reviews addon available - especially for using with book reviews :)

I realize this is not being maintained. Is it possible to translate this content to a different reviews add-on?

What about SSL integration? Seems to defeat it when someone goes to a Reviews page in our forum.

Lisa: What about seeing if someone else would want to take this add-on over and continue development? It has the advantage over Showcase in being free, and might have possibilities as a lower-cost alternative.

Last edited:
Top Bottom