Book Lovers Forum

Lisa

Okay, well I feel happy enough with the style so far to put up a link and see what everyone else thinks.

The style is the first one I've attempted completely by myself (with feedback and help from Shelley as always :D but most if it was actually done by me for once lol - without her, I probably would have deleted the entire site more than once though!)

There's still a few bits to be finished, (the favicon is there, Kev ;) - if someone can confirm it's showing I'd appreciate it).

Anyways, linkage - http://bookloversforum.com

It started out brown, oddly enough :D But it just changed as I went on. I am intending on a second style using browns.

It started out brown, oddly enough :D But it just changed as I went on. I am intending on a second style using browns.
Yeah I'm feeling a creamy or payprus feel or something, that makes me wanna dive in and read.

This color gives me more of a manual, faqs kinda feel.

I have to say that the colors are not exactly what I expected, but they aren't bad :)

I like the footer, how did you do that one?

Something I just noticed, your 'advertise here' links at the bottom aren't going anywhere. Are you planning on setting up a custom page for the advertising?

Looks good; I like the custom book icons used that match the logo. :cool: Going forward what will be in "The Library" versus the "Book Reviews" section?

There's still a few bits to be finished, (the favicon is there, Kev ;) - if someone can confirm it's showing I'd appreciate it).
:p

My copy of Chrome must still have it cached.

BLF Favicon.webp

Looks great, my only criticism is the navigation, I would imagine it needs to stand out a bit more. Looks great though :)

Ahhh the navigation! One of the areas I keep putting off hehehe. I fully intend to customise it, it's just so painful a process!

love the footer :D

I have to say that the colors are not exactly what I expected, but they aren't bad :)

I like the footer, how did you do that one?

Something I just noticed, your 'advertise here' links at the bottom aren't going anywhere. Are you planning on setting up a custom page for the advertising?
The footer was such a nightmare to get working. At one point I had the background image and no text.. then the text showed and not the image. I banged my head against the wall for about four days getting that damn thing working. Just need to make it sticky now.

To achieve it, it was simply a case of adding a container at the bottom of the footer and screaming at the css until it complied :D

The "advertise here" links are just placeholders at the minute. I may link them to an information page about advertising, or change them to images. Still a work in progress.

Looks good; I like the custom book icons used that match the logo. :cool: Going forward what will be in "The Library" versus the "Book Reviews" section?

:p

My copy of Chrome must still have it cached.
Bugger. The icon is in place, but it's still not showing for me either *sighs*

The Reviews is obviously just reviews ;) The Library will contain author biographies, including book listings, reading orders, etc.

Top Bottom