1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Book Lovers Forum

Discussion in 'Forum Showcase and Critiques' started by Lisa, Jun 23, 2012.

1. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

Okay, well I feel happy enough with the style so far to put up a link and see what everyone else thinks.

The style is the first one I've attempted completely by myself (with feedback and help from Shelley as always :D but most if it was actually done by me for once lol - without her, I probably would have deleted the entire site more than once though!)

There's still a few bits to be finished, (the favicon is there, Kev ;) - if someone can confirm it's showing I'd appreciate it).

Anyways, linkage - http://bookloversforum.com
    Walter and Brandon Sheley like this.
  2. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Hmmm. The first thing I thought is that this should be brown or something close.
  3. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

It started out brown, oddly enough :D But it just changed as I went on. I am intending on a second style using browns.
    8thos likes this.
  4. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm feeling a creamy or payprus feel or something, that makes me wanna dive in and read.

This color gives me more of a manual, faqs kinda feel.
  5. ArnyVee

ArnyVee Well-Known Member

I have to say that the colors are not exactly what I expected, but they aren't bad :)

I like the footer, how did you do that one?

Something I just noticed, your 'advertise here' links at the bottom aren't going anywhere. Are you planning on setting up a custom page for the advertising?
  6. Kevin

Kevin Well-Known Member

Looks good; I like the custom book icons used that match the logo. :cool: Going forward what will be in "The Library" versus the "Book Reviews" section?

My copy of Chrome must still have it cached.

BLF Favicon.PNG
  7. tafreehm

tafreehm Well-Known Member

love the footer :D
  8. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Looks great, my only criticism is the navigation, I would imagine it needs to stand out a bit more. Looks great though :)
  9. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

Ahhh the navigation! One of the areas I keep putting off hehehe. I fully intend to customise it, it's just so painful a process!

The footer was such a nightmare to get working. At one point I had the background image and no text.. then the text showed and not the image. I banged my head against the wall for about four days getting that damn thing working. Just need to make it sticky now.

To achieve it, it was simply a case of adding a container at the bottom of the footer and screaming at the css until it complied :D

The "advertise here" links are just placeholders at the minute. I may link them to an information page about advertising, or change them to images. Still a work in progress.

Bugger. The icon is in place, but it's still not showing for me either *sighs*

The Reviews is obviously just reviews ;) The Library will contain author biographies, including book listings, reading orders, etc.
  10. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

Excellent work Az. (y)
  11. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

Excellent signature, Shelley :D
    Kevin and Shelley like this.