1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bomb in Boston Massachusetts

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Adam Howard, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

I'm on the road and don't have much access to live news. I just know they announced it a moment ago on the radio and the radio isn't getting much signal. One "radio talk show" said there was unconfirmed reports of it being a dirt bomb... I don't trust talk radio and think its all "fluff". But I do know that Boston was bombed.

Anyone know whats going on?

Assume I have no access to live video at this moment.

2. Adam Howard

3. Creaky

Creaky Active Member

Two explosions at the marathon finish line, 2 dead & 22 injured at the moment

Adam Howard likes this.
  4. AlexT

AlexT Well-Known Member

Dirty bomb? Those radio talk shows.... so far all that's known is that there were two explosions. What caused it is not known - but I doubt anything radioactive is involved as people are quite busy helping the injured but not cleaning the site.

Adam Howard likes this.
  5. Adam Howard

thanks. any news on or info on type of explosion? im sure my talk radio is talking this up to some hype, but you never know.

6. Adam Howard

thanks you.

crazy what they say on the radio here. made my heart jump.

7. RobParker

RobParker Well-Known Member

2-3 bombs it sounds like, nothing radioactive being suggested at all.

Adam Howard likes this.
  8. Adam Howard

good know. going to call up and give someone hell.

9. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

A horrible thing has happened. It is time to rescue, and to mourn, but to those who think that nothing will come from this....you are wrong. Justice will be as swift as the vengeance will be strong.

I think the Air Force base I live on is locked down...but I'm not sure. I'm in my room so I can't see the gates.

Adam Howard likes this.
  10. Creaky

Creaky Active Member

No official news on type of explosion, news conference scheduled in about 15 minutes

Adam Howard likes this.
  11. RobParker

RobParker Well-Known Member

Ball bearings reportedly found at scene suggesting it's a home-made bomb.

Adam Howard likes this.
  12. Alien

Alien Well-Known Member

2 explosions, 2 dead 22 injured, DC and NY on hightened security and various lockdowns...

2 hotels locked down, possible suspicious device at Mandarin hotel.

That's it until the press conference.

Adam Howard likes this.
  13. Adam Howard

ok. i can calm down then. thank you.

14. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

Boston Fire will announce live very soon. They are searching for a PR representative. I am listening to Boston EMS and Fire operations.

If anyone is interested in hearing our 911 responders work and hear about the scene here is a live audio feed.

http://www.broadcastify.com/listen/ctid/1225

Adam Howard likes this.
  15. Lucas

Lucas Well-Known Member

What? For all you know it could have been just an angry citizen, it wouldn't be the first time, lets take a moment to think, back down and give it time for the appropiate departments to make their investigation.

16. Adam Howard

exiting Newton, Massachusetts at the moment. getting on route 90. will feel better soon.

Cal likes this.
  17. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

Really? A terrorist is a terrorist no matter who he affiliates his citizenship with. Please. Don't sugar coat this. America deserves so much better.

Suspicious package just found. Bomb Dog requested.

0xym0r0n, Tracy Perry and Adam Howard like this.
  18. Lucas

Lucas Well-Known Member

And so does Africa, China, Tahiti, Jaimaica, Mexico, etc. etc. There's more to people than just saying he's a terrorist, while he should be and will be punished, there's a reason why he did it. If you learn that reason you might be able to help future people who think about doing the same avoid it, therefore preventing, which is better than cleaning up messes. But I guess I'm dreaming of utopia.

Lone Wolf and Adam Howard like this.
  19. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

You are dreaming of a fake world. There's no reason good enough. This conversation is disgusting me. Please discontinue it. I wont be engaging in it any further to avoid becoming physically sick in clear disgust.

Adam Howard likes this.
  20. Adam Howard

i agree. i do not believe there is any justified reason why someone would hurt innocent people. they may have their own reasons, but i doubt they could be called justified.

Cal likes this.