Bomb in Boston Massachusetts

So unbelievably sad.

My heart goes out to the families of those killed, anyone who was hurt, all the competitors, and all of Boston.

You just can't imagine something so horrendous happening at an event like that.

WTF is wrong with the world, killing innocents is beyond disgusting.

i agree. i do not believe there is any justified reason why someone would hurt innocent people. they may have their own reasons, but i doubt they could be called justified.
The very nature of a bomb like that is to
  1. cause injuries/death
  2. sow terror
So, by those two items, whomever did it is a terrorist. Home grown, foreign import - it doesn't matter.

Thread reopened.

Please keep politics out of it as more often than not, that causes threads to be closed.
Any more personal insults will result in warnings.

Thread reopened.

Please keep politics out of it as more often than not, that causes threads to be closed.
Any more personal insults will result in warnings.
I must have missed the drama.

Although I'm confused on how this thread could have turned ugly. The only negative thing I could image anyone ever saying in such a thread as this; would be someone supporting the actions of cowards, who elected (decided) to hurt innocent people or believe such actions are justified.

But in good faith, I can't imagine anyone here on XenForo actually trying to foolishly make such an argument. However, this being the Internet... Anything is possible and there are "walks of life" from all over the world.

Bombing in that manner is a cowardly means to achieve what seems to be no ends and that is even in terms of a military engagement...when used against innocent citizens at a public event it is outright disgusting and with no purpose known other than to hurt innocent people it pretty much is a senseless act of violence that has been acted out by a or many disturbingly crazy individuals who can't see with any sort of insight and choose to act out violently in order to properly express their own fantasy at the cost of anyone in their path.

It seems you are misunderstanding or not wanting to read further than whatever is that you're thinking. Don't be dumb, no one would ever condone as something like this being good and excuse anyone. If you kill or hurt someone you should always pay the consequences.

What happens when you try to please everyone at the same time? Do you believe everyone will be happy? I am going to assume that yes, you honestly believe they would be.

You don't fix situations like this with peace talks and special offerings. You fix it by making sure everyone knows that if you fu#c with America, no peace will be given. Bomb one of our cities? We will level your oil fields, crop lands, military bases, and whatever else we need to make sure your country gets the point.

I don't know how many times we need to repeat history. You don't earn world respect by downplaying attacks. You earn it by propaganda and force. Remember we don't need the world to love us, we just need them to respect us.

You don't fix situations like this with peace talks and special offerings. You fix it by making sure everyone knows that if you fu#c with America, no peace will be given. Bomb one of our cities? We will level your oil fields, crop lands, military bases, and whatever else we need to make sure your country gets the point.
What if it was an American who did it...kind of ruins your whole solution.

What if it was an American who did it...kind of ruins your whole solution.

If the attack was orchestrated by a mainland terrorist group, the FBI has jurisdiction and those people will be brought to justice. My previous statement was based on foreign attacks. I do not feel differently when it comes to "home grown" terrorists.

I do not feel differently when it comes to "home grown" terrorists.

So presumably then, this also applies?

I don't know how many times we need to repeat history. You don't earn world respect by downplaying attacks. You earn it by propaganda and force. Remember we don't need the world to love us, we just need them to respect us.

Which parts of America do you propose are bombed by Americans if it is indeed Americans who are responsible?

Bomb one of our cities? We will level your oil fields, crop lands, military bases, and whatever else we need to make sure your country gets the point.
If the attack was orchestrated by a mainland terrorist group, the FBI has jurisdiction and those people will be brought to justice. My previous statement was based on foreign attacks. I do not feel differently when it comes to "home grown" terrorists.
In light of that...

Why would we bomb another country when this happens because of foreign terrorists, yet we take it through the proper channels for pursuit of homegrown terrorists?

Is it not possible that even when there is an attack originating from a foreign country that the attackers are acting independently and without sanction from their state?

I can understand if a country is protecting terrorists...but if they support and actively try to rid the state of these people who try and act on the states behalf with violent measures, bombing them would in fact be starting a new engagement where the country lashing back in defense is actually the attacking country.

You can't justify creating a possible international crisis in retaliation to actions taken by a group that does not officially represent a state no different than you can't obliterate the inhabitants of our own borders because of an independent attack occurring within them.

Since the beginning of human history to today, the world is full of people with hate and evil in their hearts. These kinds of acts will never go away as long as that condition exists.

I agree 100% John. You hit the nail on the head. It was sad to hear yesterday what happened. I was making a delivery at a Walmart DC and my brother in law called me and told me about it.

So presumably then, this also applies?

Which parts of America do you propose are bombed by Americans if it is indeed Americans who are responsible?

I propose no place in the U.S. gets bombed unless the need for it arises. Example: A terrorist organization within the U.S. continues massive attacks (like those of Boston) and every other means of shutting them down has been exhausted, I do not have a problem with using explosive devices to disable their operation.

In light of that...

Why would we bomb another country when this happens because of foreign terrorists, yet we take it through the proper channels for pursuit of homegrown terrorists?

Is it not possible that even when there is an attack originating from a foreign country that the attackers are acting independently and without sanction from their state?

I can understand if a country is protecting terrorists...but if they support and actively try to rid the state of these people who try and act on the states behalf with violent measures, bombing them would in fact be starting a new engagement where the country lashing back in defense is actually the attacking country.

You can't justify creating a possible international crisis in retaliation to actions taken by a group that does not officially represent a state no different than you can't obliterate the inhabitants of our own borders because of an independent attack occurring within them.

You are correct EQ, evil begets evil. If we lived in a world where these perfect situations occur then your solution is infallible. However, in most other countries their local Governments are unable to control these groups. In fact, in certain situations, these groups are the Government (or sponsored by the Government) or those who have the power to actually do something are too scared to do it.

Nobody plays by the rules, including us. Peace talks and stern warnings go nowhere. Look at N. Korea as an example of peace talks and treaties gone wrong.

An unfortunate side effect of being the most power nation on earth is that we are a constant target. It is human nature to take down the big guy (King of the Hill anyone?) and take the reigns. While we understand and try to "live" a world peace type of life, some do not. Some just want to watch innocent people die.

Sometimes, force needs to be met with force. If a Government cannot disintegrate a terrorist organization within it's borders, those who have been attacked by that organization have the right to bring that group (or person) to justice.

Since the beginning of human history to today, the world is full of people with hate and evil in their hearts. These kinds of acts will never go away as long as that condition exists.

Since the beginning of human history to today, the world is full of people with hate and evil in their hearts. These kinds of acts will never go away as long as humanity exists.

Hate and evil are only words which came into terms of existence for us when we learned the ability as a species to drop mask a survival instinct known as predatory rage.

Rage is the 'Fight' in the 'Fight or Flight Response'

Top Bottom