Bomb in Boston Massachusetts

So I know it's still early as it's been just over 24hours but according to news sources they have no suspects in custody? Would it be at all possible in our current information age to get away with something like this? I assume they will eventually find the culprit given the amount of video/pictures taken of those areas leading up to and post attack.

Considering no one has claimed credit I would guess it's homegrown and probably more of a political statement than death count considering the attacker(s) could have done a lot more damage.

So I know it's still early as it's been just over 24hours but according to news sources they have no suspects in custody? Would it be at all possible in our current information age to get away with something like this? I assume they will eventually find the culprit given the amount of video/pictures taken of those areas leading up to and post attack.

Considering no one has claimed credit I would guess it's homegrown and probably more of a political statement than death count considering the attacker(s) could have done a lot more damage.
As former cop, the simplest answer I can give you is: It's not hard, the bad guys only have to get lucky, we have to be good -- vigilant every single day.

Anyway, FWIW, the FBI knows a lot more then they're willing to disclose... they'll run this dog to ground soon enough.

Nothing can justify this. It is a disgusting, cowardly attack.

Praying for those in Boston...

.. and for the many innocents who have died due to the equally cowardly drone attacks in Afghanistan and Iraq. For the children forgotten by most of the world, barely scribbled down as numbers. For their parents and family, who never receive explanation or compensation at their losses.

Lives are beautiful and precious wherever they are.

As we see yesterday's tragedy unfold, I'm reminded that we only have roughly 25,000 mornings, and to escape tragedy like this, is a true blessing. Yesterday and today, some aren't so lucky and their mornings have come to premature violent end. May we all remember to pray for all victims of violence now and forever. God Bless the victim's of the tragedy in Boston.

Gabby

FYI: The Associate Press is reporting that an arrest has been made in the Boston Marathon bombing:

A suspect in the Boston Marathon bombings was taken into custody Wednesday in a breakthrough that came less than 48 hours after the deadly attack, a law enforcement official briefed on the investigation said Wednesday.

The official spoke shortly after several media outlets reported that a suspect had been identified from surveillance video taken at a Lord & Taylor store between the sites of the two bomb blasts, which killed three people and wounded more than 170.

The official was not authorized to divulge details of the investigation and spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity. The suspect was expected at a Boston courthouse, the official said.

A news briefing was scheduled later Wednesday.

A press conference is supposedly set for 5:00 p.m. eastern.

Edit: CNN is quoting highly placed sources at the FBI saying No Arrest has been made yet -- they know who they are looking for, but haven't grabbed up him yet.

weird. really thought he would kill himself than be caught.
Someone told me he tried to burn himself alive, unsuccessfully. He got onto a boat (?) and tried to set it on fire with him on it. Seems as though he failed.

In truth there is so much news about it and its all that anyone talks about.... That I'm at the point where I no longer care.

Although I thank everyone who was kind enough to keep my informed when I was on the go (in the area).

Top Bottom