• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Board Message

Kaiser

Board Message
s2.webp s1.webp
Displays a Message to your members and guests. This is my first add-on so its very simple... I originally created it for my forum to display Important Messages and Updates, but I decided to release it since others might find it handy.

Works with Xenforo 1.00
Installation
Import the XML through your AdminCP
Edit the PAGE_CONTAINER Template

Find
<xen:hook name="page_container_breadcrumb_top">
Add Below
<xen:include template="Board_Message_By_Kaiser" />
Now just set the options from your AdminCP.

Enjoy.
Visit http://adminbb.org/ for any questions and support.

Attachments

Next version is to figure how to add the block without the template edit.
And eventually take this further with conditions based on certain criteria.

zero posts - Hey, you never posted. Write something!
birthday - Happy Birthday Kaiser
date range - Don't forget to take part of our poll at xxxx.

I need to look at addons and reverse engineer to see how it's done.
Good job.

Next version is to figure how to add the block without the template edit.
And eventually take this further with conditions based on certain criteria.

zero posts - Hey, you never posted. Write something!
birthday - Happy Birthday Kaiser
date range - Don't forget to take part of our poll at xxxx.

I need to look at addons and reverse engineer to see how it's done.
Good job.
Thanks. Im still learning so hopefully in the future I can release more add-ons with better features. But I feel this is one is better being simple... just to display important stuff you know.

Thanks. Im still learning so hopefully in the future I can release more add-ons with better features. But I feel this is one is better being simple... just to display important stuff you know.
Simple is a good start.

Never underestimate simplicity. The simplistic things usually make the biggest impact were in most cases complexity is often never needed.

Nice release. Good job.

A suggestion. I just installed it for testing purposes. If no data is entered in the message the message table shows. I feel that it shouldn't.

Edit: never mind I just noticed in the options there's a enable/disable option.

Attachments

• bm_nodata.webp
    bm_nodata.webp
    10.8 KB · Views: 177
A suggestion. I just installed it for testing purposes. If no data is entered in the message the message table shows. I feel that it shouldn't.
Yes I am aware of that. I dont really see it as a problem, because if people wont use it, they can just disable it in the settings instead of leaving it empty. But I will look into it.

Yes I am aware of that. I dont really see it as a problem, because if people wont use it, they can just turn it of in the settings instead of leaving it empty. But I will look into it.

Yeah I edited my post to reflect that. I just ventured in the options.

Suggestion: The option to include html would be a nice option to have which would allow digitaldoctors request to include an icon.

Suggestion: The option to include html would be a nice option to have which would allow digitaldoctors request to include an icon.
Will try to add it to the next release. Still learning so I will try to figure it out. :)

How did you generate the Articles Tab ?
Just make a tab and link it to the forum ?
Code:
http://adminbb.org/forums/articles-tutorials-interviews.51/
Works pretty good.
:)

How did you generate the Articles Tab ?
Just make a tab and link it to the forum ?
Code:
http://adminbb.org/forums/articles-tutorials-interviews.51/
Works pretty good.
:)
Oh yea, thats just a template edit. Just make the tab link to whatever you wish like a forum or thread.

Top Bottom