Blogs Free [Deleted]

Might be because Font Awesome has been updated and there have been changes on how it is supposed to be implemented.
Possible. Using the current on for my stuff. I know there are some guides and even add-ons here that use the older version, but I like to keep with current.

Yes, some people are using 4.0.3 Font Awesome, the vast majority are still on 3.2.1. The naming is different.

If you're using 4.0.x, you can add this stylesheet to support both.
Code:
<link href="//netdna.bootstrapcdn.com/font-awesome/3.2.1/css/font-awesome.css" rel="stylesheet">

Just an opinion ... are these two lines necessary? As we have the word "Blogs" already in the header bar (Home>Blogs), and number two, in every blog home page, recent entries are shown as common practice. So, ain't both the words sort of redundant? or are they removable from ACP in full version?

upload_2013-12-3_11-0-46.webp

I also get these errors on upgrading from free to paid:
XenForo_Exception: Invalid model 'XfAddOns_Blogs_Model_MultiBlog' specified - library/XenForo/Model.php:192
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Class 'XfAddOns_Blogs_Override_Model_User' not found - library/XenForo/Model.php:195

I may have missed something but how can I see a blog section on my forum? I can't see any links etc?

have admin settings etc but nothing front page?

Last edited:
Issue:

The max edit time does not carry over for blogs (for now, I've turned off editing)

Reason for needing this:

1) Because it really does hurt the site if someone goes back over a year and goes on mass delete / edit spree

2) Spam (see above explained in #1)

3) Abuse -- Also part of #1, but let me go into details

Someone had posted a blog post that more or less talked about feeding the homeless and helping children in need. Of course everyone responded with positive reviews on this blog post and agreed with this person's point of view.

This individual then changed the blog post ... 6 months later, when most people had long forgotten about it and it made it look like everyone was agreeing that child abuse was an acceptable form of punishment. :eek:

Please address this issue. Thanks.

Rigel Kentaurus updated Better Blogs Free with a new update entry:

Compatibility with 1.3 (only download if you are using 1.3)

A small update to get the ball rolling again.

Thew new "copy posts" and "move posts" functionality was broken due to an incompatibility with the Blog Add-On. This small update fixes that.

Please note from this version on this assumes XF 1.3, and XenForo 1.3 itself is in beta. You might want to wait till the 1.3 release to update.

Read the rest of this update entry...

@Rigel Kentaurus - I have just bought this and it says here that there is a Global RSS - where do I find this?

http://forums.ski.com.au/xf/xfa-blog-home/
That would be here.
http://forums.ski.com.au/xf/xfa-blog-home/entriesRss.rss

I use an add-on in both Firefox and Chrome that just shows all the RSS fields available for the page, it should detect both the forums RSS and the blogs RSS. Same when you add to an aggregator, if you just give the page it would most likely unwrap the "canonical RSS" links.

Noticed this with the Recent Comments widget on the side,

6HeFP.jpg

The avatar comes out of the bottom on a fresh install.

huh...after uploading the free version....when installing the xml file it says.....works only on xenforo 1.3 or higher?

huh...after uploading the free version....when installing the xml file it says.....works only on xenforo 1.3 or higher?
Yes. It is 1.3+ :)
Considering that the fixes are for XenForo 1.3, you don't realy need to upgrade if you are still running 1.2

Once 1.3 goes live, I will be dropping support for 1.2 altogether, I can't really maintain 4 versions

Yes. It is 1.3+ :)
Considering that the fixes are for XenForo 1.3, you don't realy need to upgrade if you are still running 1.2

Once 1.3 goes live, I will be dropping support for 1.2 altogether, I can't really maintain 4 versions

Ok. but how to use it on 1.2.4? I wait for a long time to upgrade to 1.3.

Top Bottom