Blogs Free [Deleted]

@Rigel Kentaurus - A minor suggestion towards your copyright. It's an easy fix but think this should be done with the shipped product. The suggestion is to align your copyright to the left rather than it inheriting the text-align center as it leaves some awful spacing on the left. Just looks a little odd being center aligned.

Instead of:
Screenshot_2.webp

Align it to the left like so.
Screenshot_3.webp

Yep.. if I comment out the topCtrl in that template they BOTH go bye-bye. :whistle:
I've created a ticket for @Russ or @Steve F over at PixelExit for some guidance. I know that originally the style did not have the topCtrl in it at the top of the forum list and it had to be added. If I can find out where exactly that mod was made I can edit the template and have it check and if on the xfa_blog_home not show. Spent most of this weekend setting up 2 VPS's for 2 forum owners and getting their sites moved over so I'm a little cross-eyed right now. I think I'm going to go to bed. :p

topCtrl is still there I just moved it but commented out the old position. Not exactly sure why it would show 2 buttons though will have to investigate that for you, on the road right now but shot me a PC and we can discuss it over Skype later a bit easier prob.

Thanks to the great feedback from @Steve F, the problem I was having with double "Create Entry" posts has been solved. The solution he figured out (with xenFoogle Pro style) is to add the below in your EXTRA.css
Code:
/*  Better Blogs  */
.xfa_blog_home  aside .topCtrl
{
    display: none;
}

.titleBar .topCtrl
{
    margin-top: -25px;
}

Add it to EXTRA.css, not xenBase_thirdParty.css. We use that to support add-ons and should be left as is for easy updates.

Add it to EXTRA.css, not xenBase_thirdParty.css. We use that to support add-ons and should be left as is for easy updates.
Good point.. edited my original post... but I went one step farther and created a custom template called jsa_add-on.css and included that in my EXTRA.css. I then just posted the code in my custom template. Makes it a little easier to keep up with what is for add-ons and what is for the style itself. ;)

I made a test import from vBulletin 4, but I could not import attachments. In Xenforo I can't upload attachments
to blogs, otherwise no problems with attachments.

the internal_data and data folders (and all sub-folders) need write permissions

I have now all folders (and even files) 777 permission in data and internal_data folders. Uploading shows animation until 100 %, but ends with "The following error occurred There was a problem uploading your file. "

I have now all folders (and even files) 777 permission in data and internal_data folders. Uploading shows animation until 100 %, but ends with "The following error occurred There was a problem uploading your file. "
That sounds more like a standard XenForo problem than a blogs one. Attachments work on posts ? Any errors on the Server Error Log on the AdminCP?

Attachments work on posts ? Any errors on the Server Error Log on the AdminCP?

Attachments work on posts.

There are some errors. During import: "Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli prepare error: Table 'matkap_xfsiirto281013.vb_blog_attachment' doesn't exist library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:77"

After import: "XenForo_Exception: Invalid model 'XfAddOns_Blogs_Model_BlogWatch' specified - library/XenForo/Model.php:192", and: "Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli prepare error: Table 'matkap_xftesti5.xf_xi_blog_category' doesn't exist - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:77"

Thought I'd share the following although I'm undecided whether it fits. But you can check the enhancement out and you'll notice in the screenshot there's a icon before "Continue Reading" simply paste the following in your EXTRA.CSS template and done.

View attachment 57397

Code:
.bottomLink a:before {
  background: url("@imagePath/xenforo/xenforo-ui-sprite.png") no-repeat scroll transparent !important;
  background-position: -144px -16px !important;
  height: 16px;
  width: 16px;
  padding-left: 20px;
  content: "";  }
Alternatively, if you want to have something for Font Awesome :D

In page_container directly below <head> then add this
PHP:
<link href="//netdna.bootstrapcdn.com/font-awesome/4.0.3/css/font-awesome.css" rel="stylesheet">
Next in extra.css add this
PHP:
  font-family: "FontAwesome";
  font-size: 12px;
  content: "\f02d";
}
You can change the font to whatever you like by using this "cheat sheet"
http://fortawesome.github.io/Font-Awesome/cheatsheet/

You'll see something alone the lines of
PHP:
fa-book (&#xf02d;)
everything after x but before ; is what you want (as seen in the original example above)

PHP:
<link href="//netdna.bootstrapcdn.com/font-awesome/4.0.3/css/font-awesome.css" rel="stylesheet">
PHP:
}

PHP:
fa-book (&#xf02d;)
everything after x but before ; is what you want (as seen in the original example above)

I see you've now got the Font Awesome bug Adam. :P

PHP:
PHP:
}

PHP:
fa-book (&#xf02d;)

The link you put in the head won't work for the css.

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/font-awesome-icons-as-individual-node-icons.2466/

Download the fonts then add this to EXTRA.css
Code:
@font-face
{
        font-family: 'FontAwesome';
        src: url('./styles/default/xenforo/fonts/fontawesome-webfont.eot');
        src: url('./styles/default/xenforo/fonts/fontawesome-webfont.ttf') format("truetype"),
                url('./styles/default/xenforo/fonts/fontawesome-webfont.woff') format('woff'),
                url('./styles/default/xenforo/fonts/fontawesome-webfont.eot?#iefix') format('embedded-opentype'),
                url('./styles/default/xenforo/fonts/fontawesome-webfont.svg#fontawesome-webfont') format('svg');
        font-style: normal;
        font-weight: normal;
}

I see you've now got the Font Awesome bug Adam. :p
I'm working on removing all imagine on my site.

The only thing I can't figure out is how to host it locally. I had it working locally for a while, but changed it to remote when my host was having a dsn issue (was quicker to load). Now I can't remember how to host it locally again. lol

Last edited:
The link you put in the head won't work for the css.

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/font-awesome-icons-as-individual-node-icons.2466/

Download the fonts then add this to EXTRA.css
Code:
@font-face
{
        font-family: 'FontAwesome';
        src: url('./styles/default/xenforo/fonts/fontawesome-webfont.eot');
        src: url('./styles/default/xenforo/fonts/fontawesome-webfont.ttf') format("truetype"),
                url('./styles/default/xenforo/fonts/fontawesome-webfont.woff') format('woff'),
                url('./styles/default/xenforo/fonts/fontawesome-webfont.eot?#iefix') format('embedded-opentype'),
                url('./styles/default/xenforo/fonts/fontawesome-webfont.svg#fontawesome-webfont') format('svg');
        font-style: normal;
        font-weight: normal;
}
Oh really? :rolleyes:

http://www.sociallyuncensored.eu/forums/

Works fine for me :D

Top Bottom