blogs and gallery import system

Jeffin

If xF gets a blog or gallery addon for the core product, would we have an vb4 import system for that too? I know this has not even been planned but I thought I would post to get an idea from Mike or Kier or someone who will be building these addons.

:: nods ::

I REALLY hope there will be a gallery import for the major mods too: Photoplog, vBGallery and :: shudder :: Photopost.
For Blogs, I hope they have an import option to move it to a thread in the forum available at launch as I wish with the fervent passion of a thousand white hot suns that we had NEVER installed vBlog on our system, and want nothing more than a way to salvage something for our members that spent so much time shouting into the void by using vBlog. :)

We should have a way to preserve the old blogs and photos whether in threads format or just in the database till someone releases an add-on. I'll anyway keep a back-up of old database so these things can be extracted in future. There's so much that my forum members would otherwise loose.

We should have a way to preserve the old blogs and photos whether in threads format or just in the database till someone releases an add-on. I'll anyway keep a back-up of old database so these things can be extracted in future. There's so much that my forum members would otherwise loose.

Exactly! :)

I hope so too.

That way we could upgrade to XF and import the blogs/gallery later when those addons are available :)

Top Bottom