1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

blogs and gallery import system

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Jeffin, Aug 9, 2010.

1. Jeffin

Jeffin Well-Known Member

If xF gets a blog or gallery addon for the core product, would we have an vb4 import system for that too? I know this has not even been planned but I thought I would post to get an idea from Mike or Kier or someone who will be building these addons.
    Pavel Safonov likes this.
  2. DarkGizmo

DarkGizmo Active Member

i'm sure if they make the addon they'll make the import.
  3. Tigratrus

Tigratrus Well-Known Member

:: nods ::

I REALLY hope there will be a gallery import for the major mods too: Photoplog, vBGallery and :: shudder :: Photopost.
    For Blogs, I hope they have an import option to move it to a thread in the forum available at launch as I wish with the fervent passion of a thousand white hot suns that we had NEVER installed vBlog on our system, and want nothing more than a way to salvage something for our members that spent so much time shouting into the void by using vBlog. :)
  4. Jeffin

Jeffin Well-Known Member

We should have a way to preserve the old blogs and photos whether in threads format or just in the database till someone releases an add-on. I'll anyway keep a back-up of old database so these things can be extracted in future. There's so much that my forum members would otherwise loose.
    pipedreams and Tigratrus like this.
  5. Tigratrus

Tigratrus Well-Known Member

Exactly! :)
  6. pipedreams

pipedreams Active Member

I hope so too.

That way we could upgrade to XF and import the blogs/gallery later when those addons are available :)