Lack of interest Block feature

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Shelley

Just a suggestion with regards to a block feature residing in postbit (text based) next to edit from when a user posts the block appears and members have the option to block user from the thread and this thread only (not global block) and it blocks all their existing posts and future posts in thread.

Hopefully I explained that correctly.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
If two users are having that much of an issue with each other, the moderating team isn't doing their job. Letting the membership decide who can and who cannot view or participate in individual threads should never be allowed.

I tend to ignore users if I really can't stand them, just so issues don't arise anyways. I know a lot of my more mature members make use of this feature as well, and it is something that should be included in any community, just because people tend to not get along.

Staff members (including Administrators) shouldn't be ignoring anyone. Otherwise, how are they going to perform their function on the boards? If staff members are getting into arguments with the membership on a regular basis, it's time to rethink their status as a member of the staff.

Staff members (including Administrators) shouldn't be ignoring anyone. Otherwise, how are they going to perform their function on the boards? If staff members are getting into arguments with the membership on a regular basis, it's time to rethink their status as a member of the staff.

Who said this is specifically for staff members? Just as in almost every other forum platform out there, there needs to be an ignore/block function. Simple as that. vBulletin, IPB, MySpace, Facebook, all have it. Why shouldn't XenForo?

My statement was from an end-user standpoint.

Theres a few people on this forum I would already ignore, and are certain forums/threads I wish to ignore, and I'm sure there are a few other people who would do the same if the feature was there.

EDIT: Adding that most of my suggestions are with the thought of the end-user in mind, as people keep thinking I mean as an administrator...

And the majority participating here aren't board owners/administrators? While I agree an ignore feature is needed for the general membership, if staff members are using it, they aren't doing their job.

And the majority participating here aren't board owners/administrators? While I agree an ignore feature is needed for the general membership, if staff members are using it, they aren't doing their job.

We are not suggesting it for staff, we suggesting it for our users.

Administration and staff barely matter, it is the users experience on a forum that will lead to their activity and their frequent visitation.

This sounds like a good candidate for a modification to me.

But it's default in every other forum package. I'm not saying that's the reason it should be implemented here, but this is a common and very basic feature that is used more often than one would think.

Totally ignoring people is stock, but per thread?

I need to agree with Biker, if things are that nebulous/dicey between members that people are ok interacting in most threads, but need to ignore each other in a few threads, the mods are not doing their job.

Unless I am completely mis-understanding what is being talked about.

I need to agree with Biker, if things are that nebulous/dicey between members that people are ok interacting in most threads, but need to ignore each other in a few threads, the mods are not doing their job.

I don't think you're misunderstanding, but I do disagree with your comment that the mods aren't doing their job. I have ignored a couple of people on other forums, because they become so obnoxious in heated threads. They aren't breaking any rules (meaning the moderators aren't not doing their jobs), but they're just annoying me. So I ignore them. The thing is, I find myself manually choosing to view the ignored user's posts in other threads.

As I said before, some people can be annoying in some threads, but totally fine in others. I'd much rather be able to ignore users on a per-thread basis rather than globally. But also having the option to globally ignore users is nice too. Hence my idea of being given an option.

I was talking about an ignore function all together; not just for a single thread (Though ignoring an -entire- thread would be nice for certain threads).

Top Bottom