• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

MG 1.1 blank thumbnails for videos

Hi , was wondering if anyone else has the problem.

Some videos have blank or error type thumbnails and some have images. All of the videos work correctly when played

How can I resolve this error? thank you

see below:
media.png

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
Could you double check what version of the Gallery you have installed?

Also, could you try adding the same videos to our gallery here?

I just uploaded the latest one just now it was 1.0.3(that was the one available on my XF customer page)

I will upload one of the videos now ...

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
This explains it.

There was a bug fix in a newer XFMG version. YouTube thumbnails will likely not work at all until you upgrade. The bug was caused by a change in the YouTube API.

thanks Chris . Do I have to update the whole XF with the latest update or can I just update the media? (I am afraid to update my xf 1.4 as I don't want anything to break and it was working fine)

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
XFMG 1.1.0 and above require XF 1.5.

You should be OK to update to XFMG 1.0.9 which includes the fix and is still compatible with XF 1.4.

Thanks, I just looked at my customer page and it appears that my license expired (I didn't know they expired)

Guess I have to pay the $70 1 year fee for the updates for XF and MG?

XFMG 1.1.0 and above require XF 1.5.

You should be OK to update to XFMG 1.0.9 which includes the fix and is still compatible with XF 1.4.
Update-
I paid the extension fee and upgraded to 1.09 . Then I rebuilt the thumbnails and they worked!

another quickie question - Is there any where to auto feed videos from a you tube page?