Fixed Blank Profile Field Issue

Ranger375

I have a custom profile field called "Directory Page" (as seen in image), that appears in the member's posts. When a member enters a link in their profile, it will allow someone to click that link to get to that page. The problem is, that it is displaying for all members (even though it is blank for those members). How can I get it to not be added there unless they specifically add the web address in their preferences? Thanks!

linkz.webp

I don't have this problem on my forum.

Did you manually edit the templates to add that field to posts? That might explain the problem. Otherwise the field must not be empty if it's showing in posts.

Did you manually edit the templates to add that field to posts? That might explain the problem. Otherwise the field must not be empty if it's showing in posts.

Nope, I just created the profile field and it appears on all for some reason. It's a brand new field, so I'm not sure how it would be filled. The links in the photo above were example of people who didn't fill in that field and it would link to my index page by default:confused:

In that case try a default style. Also try disabling any addons.

If you continue to have the problem then I can take a look if you are comfortable giving me your URL admin login.

In that case try a default style. Also try disabling any addons.

If you continue to have the problem then I can take a look if you are comfortable giving me your URL admin login.

Thanks, Jake. I will send a PC will my info. I disabled addons and tried a default style and didn't have any luck.

The field must not have been empty (even though it appeared empty in his profile). I fixed it by editing and saving his user account (with an empty profile field). Now it's working.

The field must not have been empty (even though it appeared empty in his profile). I fixed it by editing and saving his user account (with an empty profile field). Now it's working.

Jake, the problem is that the link is appearing for everyone else still, and not just the people who fill in the field.

Nevermind. It's working for policemedic. It's still not working for other users despite the empty profile field. I tried rebuilding the user cache but that didn't fix it. If you give me your CPanel login then I can examine the database to see what's going on.

I don't have this problem on my forum.

I lied. This appears to be a bug in 1.1. This should be moved to bugs.

I created a "Single-line text box" like you did. I set it to display in the postbit and set a display value html of:

Code:
<a href="{$value}">Directory Link</a>

It shows in the postbit even if the user has not filled out that field. Yet once they submit the empty field in their profile then it goes away.

Top Bottom