Blank page. No Errors or anything

Shamil

Hello,

I've got a weird issue. XenForo is giving me a blank page. No error, or anything, nothing coming up in the source of the page. Apache isn't logging any errors at all.

Admin.php and backend is working though.

Any ideas?

XenForo catches most errors, check the xf_error_log db, or run the site in debug mode so you perhaps get data spit out.

Also check the apc or other caching or web server / sql etc logs,

I tend to run Terminal.app on the Mac with tabs open to access/error/mail/system/etc log files.

tail -F /var/log/apache2/error.log
(optionally add: | grep "youriphere" to limit errors only to those you create)

Thanks Floris - nothing out of the ordinary, that I'd expect, i.e. no pertinent errors. However, enabling full SEO/friendly URLs seems to have brought it back online. Nothing in Apache logs, as debug.

I realize this is an old thread, but I've run into this issue a few times when trying to take snapshot of our forums for development. Blank page, and unclear why. Can't rebuild master data.

When taking the backup, I exclude a lot of files from /data/ and /internal_data/ since they take up a lot of space and I don't need them on dev.

This file, however, is necessary:

/internal_data/install-lock.php

If you don't have that file, you can't rebuild master data, which you need to do to get the site back up. So, this is me documenting it, so next time I run into it, I can help future me.

Without this file -- /internal_data/install-lock.php -- you would actually be prompted to do a fresh installation.

When taking the backup, I exclude a lot of files from /data/ and /internal_data/ since they take up a lot of space and I don't need them on dev.
If you are not copying the cached templates files then what would account for the blank page.

Reactions: arn
Without this file -- /internal_data/install-lock.php -- you would actually be prompted to do a fresh installation.
Ya. If I had copied over the template files, it would not be blank. But that's fixable by rebuilding master data, but rebuilding master data isn't an option unless the lock file is there. So, doing one or the other would avoid the issue.

Top Bottom