I could really use any help / advice or just a point in a good direction. Our Xenforo Install is having these massive processor spikes and I can figure out what is causing them. Here is what it looks like:
I have 4 Large AWS EC2 systems running where I only had 2 before.
I can say that all of this started roughly around the 30th of September.
Here are our Forum's Stats:
- Discussions: 69,635
- Messages: 2,147,068
- Members: 117,550
- I have interviewed everyone on the staff and everyone has been working on other projects that do not concern this Xenforo install.
- I have assumed that maybe it was a plugin and have individually turned each off one at a time.
- Looking at the spikes it looks cyclical so I though may cron. I disabled the hourly & user upgrade crons. I also edited the specific cron files and commented out what they did.
- I have checked the Xenforo Server Error Logs but I only saw 2 errors:
- I have looked at the php error log and did find a couple of these:
[01-Oct-2013 11:54:29] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 72 bytes) in /xxxx/xxxx/milepoint.com/xxxx/forums/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 304
- I have gone into the DB and Repaired all of the Users Tables, The xf_session Table, & the Threads Table.
- We have just (as of last night) upgraded from 1.1.3 to 1.2.2 (Hoping this would solve the issue) and I did notice that with the Board deactivated the spikes subsided but the Instant (and I mean instant) it was active again; the spikes immediately returned. This makes me think that it is not anything malicious since it was so instant. It makes me feel like it is some internal process.
- I an currently going to collect all SQL queries to see whats going on there. I will post a section of those as well.