Black Responsive [Deleted]

Your support of your products is exceptional; thanks for not only creating an excellent style but providing excellent support as well. =)

Arty, would it be difficult to modify message posting so that the sig wasn't automatically pushed down to the bottom of the member info card, but instead was indented a bit below whatever was actually posted? That would eliminate some white (black) space on short posts, especially if a user has a couple of ribbons that extend the length of his card. Does that make sense?

Thanks for any guidance!

I think he means the height of the post profile will define the height of short posts, thus creating some white space between the post text and the signature in those posts.

Funny how fast this update was, I noticed that Arty had updated this for 1.2.1 before I noticed 1.2.1 was out.....

I see. No, that's not possible because of how layout of posts is designed.
That's madness, that black space is not welcome when we have addons that add stuff to the user postbit, and when they have signature and post only a few words the space is very noticeable. But hopefully something that doesn't really annoying while reading the threads.

Try this:
Code:
.message .messageContent:after { display: none; }
.message .messageContent:last-child:after { display: block; }
.message .messageMeta { clear: both; }

Sorry I was unable to respond until just now. I'll show a comparison between stock and black responsive. First, stock. You can see the message footer/sig does not necessarily drop to the bottom of the member info card. In a one liner (Brogan's) it starts at about the bottom of the avatar photo. With more text it the footer/sig begins immediately at a certain point.

Stock Footer.webp

In black responsive it pushes down to the bottom of the member info card, producing a lot of empty space per post:

black responsive.webp

Is it possible to get message posts to behave a bit more like stock in this regard? I love literally everything else about your theme, but I have to admit the abundant empty space isn't my favorite. =P

Regardless, I'm sticking with black responsive. This is a minor aesthetic annoyance (to me at least) at best. Thanks!

Ryan

Worked like a charm, thanks very much for helping me through this.

One quick question about appending to message.css, I did so after the </xen:if> statement. Did I paste it correctly, or should it have been pasted before </xen:if>. It works, I just don't want to inadvertantly cause any unintended consequences.

Thanks again!

Anyone else have XenPorta responsiveness broken in the latest version? It was working fine in 1.5. Now I'm getting this kind of stuff at collapsed widths:

Collapsed 1.webp

Top Bottom