Bit the bullet, bought a Xenforo license...

dangonay

Have been snooping around here for some time and pretty much decided long ago to go with Xenforo for my upcoming forum. I'm now at that point where I'm getting ready to deploy, hence my license purchase.

I'm going to run a blog (I decided on Blogger) which will be an online course in fuel injection tuning, called, "The Fuel Injection Bible". Each blog post will be a complete lesson and my intention is to post new "lessons" about once per week. The forum will serve as the dicsussion area for posts, as the Blogger comment system just won't cut it given the material.

Sad to see all the lawsuit drama is still going on but hoping everyone holds on until January for the trial.

Blog + forum
First off, Welcome to the Jungle !

Ideas: (in case you dont know).

(1) Wordpress Blog + Xenforo forums.
- enable User Integration (see xenscripts.com for integration).
- allow comments to sync between the two.

(2) XenPorta (or the upcoming Widget Portal) + Xenforo.
- XenPorta has an article / Blog view which you might like. Demo: http://8wayrun.com/threads/matchups-you-vs-the-world.14541/
(see how the article is at the top, and the comments are at the bottom).

(3) There is a multi-user Blog: XI blog.

Q: name a NHL hockey team that hasn't made the playoffs in the last 7 years.

Have been snooping around here for some time and pretty much decided long ago to go with Xenforo for my upcoming forum. I'm now at that point where I'm getting ready to deploy, hence my license purchase.

I'm going to run a blog (I decided on Blogger) which will be an online course in fuel injection tuning, called, "The Fuel Injection Bible". Each blog post will be a complete lesson and my intention is to post new "lessons" about once per week. The forum will serve as the dicsussion area for posts, as the Blogger comment system just won't cut it given the material.

Sad to see all the lawsuit drama is still going on but hoping everyone holds on until January for the trial.
Greetings and welcome to a better future with a community running XenForo

I installed Wordpress on my server and fooled around with it for a few weeks. Also set up a Blogger blog and after comparing them and what I wanted to do I decided on Blogger. I know you can do a lot more with Wordpress, but a lot of it I'll never use. I'm trying to keep my blog extremely simple and clean without a lot of add-ons or customizations, so Wordpress is overkill for me. However, I plan on doing a lot more with my forum, which is why I purchased Xenforo.

wickedstangs: No, not my forum. Mine has been a couple years in the making. I have a staggering amount of content and was considering several ways to release it (book, e-book, website) but thought it would be too easy for someone to copy and distribute it. This is why I'm presenting the information in weekly posts/lessons. I hope to get a large number of followers who will come back every week for the next "lesson".

Digital Doctor: Actually, they missed 6 seasons without getting into the playoffs. The 7th season they went all the way to the Stanley Cup finals and lost in game 7 to the Carolina Hurricanes. :)

My only complaint about Blogger is that you can't host it yourself on your own hardware. When creating content, I prefer keeping it on a hosting account that is under my control. That is even why I quit using F***book and G+ for sharing my images--they are out of my control (and at F***book, there is no telling what nefarious purposes they are using the data for).

Top Bottom