Bing vs Google

Bram

We do excellent in the search indexes of Google. In Bing however even after six years I can hardly find our site and forums on popular searches, not to say its a total joke.

Is this something you guys also experience? How to improve the results of Bing apart from adding your site to Bing Webmaster Tools and such.

Help appreciated.

Don't even bother myself.

Maybe 5 years ago getting ranked in other search engines was a goal, but nowdays, google or nothing imho.

When I do specific searches for things sometimes lots of spam pages comes up in Google Search results.

When I search for them in Bing, those spam pages are sometimes excluded from the results.

So I think Bing is a great alternative to Google since spammers seem to specifically target Google search.

Well I expected these reactions a little bit, not what I hoped for but okay ;)

How can one be rated 1.0 on a google search (yes also in incognito mode :D) but don't appear on any of the first pages in bing/yahoo.

When i check both webmaster tools you see good activity from Google bot babies and only big bots when you manually send them to your site. Don't Bingbots crawl automatically? Or at a really slow pace?

Well I expected these reactions a little bit, not what I hoped for but okay ;)

How can one be rated 1.0 on a google search (yes also in incognito mode :D) but don't appear on any of the first pages in bing/yahoo.

When i check both webmaster tools you see good activity from Google bot babies and only big bots when you manually send them to your site. Don't Bingbots crawl automatically? Or at a really slow pace?
Have you submitted your sitemaps to Bing? They have a webmasters center where you can set the crawl rate as well. Increase the crawl rate (it will auto decrease after like 2 weeks) so that way it can index your pages more.

In the end, it will likely not be 0.1% difference in your traffic if you rank higher in it. People just don't use bing as much as Google. If you do well in google, you will do well period. If you do well in just Bing, your site will likely fail.

I do well in both, but Bing maybe only brings in 2-3% of the traffic Google does. Not even worth fussing over Bing, but I guess it could depend on your niche.

I have a new site where I am starting from almost scratch - it's in goog but not (much) in Bing....

So, I signed up for Bing ads - free $50 - and put in some PPC for about a nickel each. Also submitted the site URL.

It's only been a few days, but I am seeing increased (free) traffic from Yahoo - which I think uses bing.....

If I had to guess, I would say that Goog and Bing give some weight to advertisers - not because of their income from them, but because if you pay to advertise something it shows it is real and valid (usually).

Screen shot 2013-02-11 at 5.11.43 PM.webp

Bing (or any other search engine besides Google) really isn't worth the effort... Search engine traffic to my forum in the last year looks like so:

Image%202013.02.12%2012:12:25%20AM.png

Again... not worth the effort. lol The #2 search engine for us doesn't even bring in 1% of what Google does. :)

Depending on how you measure it, Bing has been passed by Yandex, and has slipped to #5 search engine...

http://searchengineland.com/?p=148089

Bing (or any other search engine besides Google) really isn't worth the effort... Search engine traffic to my forum in the last year looks like so:

Image%202013.02.12%2012:12:25%20AM.png

Again... not worth the effort. lol The #2 search engine for us doesn't even bring in 1% of what Google does. :)

Depending on how you measure it, Bing has been passed by Yandex, and has slipped to #5 search engine...

http://searchengineland.com/?p=148089

Same same here.

Screen Shot 2013-02-12 at 3.38.45 PM.webp

Thanks guys. (btw: am i the only one seeing a big Google Pacman eating all others in those charts? :D)

I wasn't worried about a significant increase from Bing/Yahoo, just wondering why our pages are so crappy indexed, thats all.

@AzzidReign: all done many moons ago, no effect :D

So, why am I seeing this? The combo of Yahoo and Bing (same) is about 30% of search engine visits.....

Sure, the numbers are low and I am just starting to get this site known. But it does not speak to ignoring Bing and Yahoo.

I'd say, for those without vast traffic, to spend at least a small amount of time and money on Bing....

Screen Shot 2013-02-12 at 9.07.58 AM.webp

I just looked at my big site and 12% are Bing and Yahoo. That totals more than 40,000 "free" visitors this month at hearth.com.
Can any of you really afford to ignore that?

I think we all tend to stay with "facts" that are in the past. There are a lot of MS-haters out there, and I can count myself among them. But I'm a numbers guy, and these numbers are showing pretty good growth. Ignore it at your peril if your site is up and coming....

So, why am I seeing this? The combo of Yahoo and Bing (same) is about 30% of search engine visits.....

Sure, the numbers are low and I am just starting to get this site known. But it does not speak to ignoring Bing and Yahoo.

I'd say, for those without vast traffic, to spend at least a small amount of time and money on Bing....

View attachment 40311

I just looked at my big site and 12% are Bing and Yahoo. That totals more than 40,000 "free" visitors this month at hearth.com.
Can any of you really afford to ignore that?

I think we all tend to stay with "facts" that are in the past. There are a lot of MS-haters out there, and I can count myself among them. But I'm a numbers guy, and these numbers are showing pretty good growth. Ignore it at your peril if your site is up and coming....

What Analytics system are you using?
It's look nice.

What Analytics system are you using?
It's look nice.

That one is inside wordpress - their official stats.
That is for the small Multirotor blog I just started (just took over, it was abandoned).

That is the one I submitted to Bing and took their free $50 in ads.

The 12% (40,000 visitors in last month) stat was taken from my google analytics.

Top Bottom