Bing copying Google results!

No.
But they might.
A few more years of Bing Googling Google .... it might just become the same as Google.
And when Windows 9 is released and Bing is the default search engine ... people won't care because the results are as good as Google.
I don't think that would happen until Bing starts using a more simplistic interface like Google. I like Google because it's just a logo, a text box, a button and a few links. You go to Bing and you have that big dumb background.

It still doesn't explain that, when Google went out of their way to find words that were least likely to ever come up and plant specific pages that had nothing really to do with the search term, how those same pages and terms shows up on Bing's results shortly thereafter.

It is not copied, it is using it as a data source.

I'm now using Bing as my search engine.

If you're going to use something as a source you need to 1) ask if it is allowed at the source, or 2) at least show somewhere you're using X as a source. Otherwise it's not ethical and possibly against the law.

It is not copied, it is using it as a data source.
Dude. Seriously. you are missing the "Just Kidding".
If not, I think Microsoft's Legal Team needs you.

bing.uses.google.as.a.data.source.webp

If you're going to use something as a source you need to 1) ask if it is allowed at the source, or 2) at least show somewhere you're using X as a source. Otherwise it's not ethical and possibly against the law.

The sources here are not explicably legally disallowed, in other words, it is a derivative, not a direct. I am also unsure of where this stands legally, since they are not copying the Service, as per se, but rather the results of it, which are freely available, and not under any license, as far as I can see.

Top Bottom