Bing copying Google results!

Microsoft is very strict against piracy, so its only logical that they use what they've learned to pirate from google :p

bing_google-png.10403

a picture says 1000 words. Nice one Onimua.

They do crawl the web properly. I was, am not, able to reproduce this under the conditions given to me.
Anything printed in the article might as well be void when doing independent testing, due to that many websites are reproducing the exact content, thus giving inflated results.
Google, themselves, created false pages, used the Bing Toolbar, and Googled those fake keywords. The Toolbars, in turn, sent the data back to Bing/Micro$oft, which collected the info and submitted it as its own with those given fake keywords. Not really sure how you could reproduce that...

Microsoft has tried many versions of web crawlers from various data centers around the world for years, they can't even properly identify with user agents the many different spiders they have loose on the web, they have introduced stealth crawlers based in China that did not have any ID whatsoever, they also started crawling from data centers in Chicago without proper identification.

They may know how to collect data from the web, but they have no idea how to use the data to deliver timely and relevant search results, Yahoo had the same problem, maybe that is why they turned over their search engine to Microsoft, when Yang should have sold the entire company to Gates when he had the chance.

When I first started getting crawled by msn bots I had to restrict them because they consumed so much of my allowable bandwidth.
One month my site it even exceeded my allowable bandwidth causing my site to shut down.

Bing is a failure. Really it shows that Microsoft can't innovate. They really have bought all of their best products. This is definitely Microsoft stealing Google search data. I think Google could easily win a lawsuit here. This story isn't going to go away for a while.

LOL Steven, it would be nice if Microsoft properly identified their crawlers before setting them loose on the web, one would figure search engine engineers would know better, but that is a classic mistake a lot of new search engines make and webmasters then blacklist them.

bing.why.innovate.when.you.can.replicate.google.webp

Why pay Google for search results data when you can steal the data from Bing Toolbar ?
Why index and rank the web when Google already does it ?

Why should you fairly compete with Netscape, when you can bundle a browser in Windows ?
Why use web standards when your bundled browser can just do what it wants anyway ?

I shouldn't diss Microsoft ... they are trying to innovate !
The Kin
225px-MS-KinTwo.jpg

The several years of development and one billion dollar phone, that was on sale for only 48 days.
I'm not sure anyone bought one.

Anything printed in the article might as well be void when doing independent testing, due to that many websites are reproducing the exact content, thus giving inflated results.
Google, themselves, created false pages, used the Bing Toolbar, and Googled those fake keywords. The Toolbars, in turn, sent the data back to Bing/Micro$oft, which collected the info and submitted it as its own with those given fake keywords. Not really sure how you could reproduce that...

To me, that's not copying, that an improvement procedure.

The tune would be different here, if the same thing cropped up, but Bing was owned by Apple and not Microsoft.

Bing (as a search engine) has always had the: © Microsoft on the site, so not sure how it could have been owned by Apple.

Not sure how it would be improved procedure if it takes the exact results from Google.com's search page, places it as it's own, without actually crawling for the contents for the keywords (Google placed the keywords into the database themselves, the sites had no information pertaining to the keywords).
If they had crawled for the keywords, then I really wouldn't see a problem, that would have been just an additional way for them to collect data to have their "bots" crawl for the proper data/keywords using their algorithm.

Bing (as a search engine) has always had the: © Microsoft on the site, so not sure how it could have been owned by Apple.

Not sure how it would be improved procedure if it takes the exact results from Google.com's search page, places it as it's own, without actually crawling for the contents for the keywords (Google placed the keywords into the database themselves, the sites had no information pertaining to the keywords).
If they had crawled for the keywords, then I really wouldn't see a problem, that would have been just an additional way for them to collect data to have their "bots" crawl for the proper data/keywords using their algorithm.

Read what I said. I didn't say it was owned by Apple.

How do we know that Bing hadn't already received that search string before the search was done by Google? Can you confirm that all that's happening here is that the toolbar sees the search item, informs Bing. Then Bing checks to see if its there or not, then, submits it to the "Google copy" queue, as per se?

If looks like Bing is use Google as an authoritative source of information.

To me, that's not copying, that an improvement procedure.
LOL.
I see.
So a student in history class, peeks at someone else's test and looks at the answers ......
and then uses those answers on their test .....
That's just improving is it ?

Dude, it's stealing / cheating. Period.

Read what I said. I didn't say it was owned by Apple.

How do we know that Bing hadn't already received that search string before the search was done by Google? Can you confirm that all that's happening here is that the toolbar sees the search item, informs Bing. Then Bing checks to see if its there or not, then, submits it to the "Google copy" queue, as per se?

If looks like Bing is use Google as an authoritative source of information.
Google purposely picked words that it was unlikely anyone was going to search for. What is the likelihood that they happened to search these terms on Bing beforehand, but Bing didn't display it because it wasn't sure about it?

Google also placed phony site links... Bing happened to have those same links in their results shortly after. Are you saying that this is all coincidence?

Top Bottom