• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.1 big problem with import: wrong donainname?

snoopy5

Hi

I just realized, that I might have made a huge mistake. I forgot to change in

ACP -> Options -> Basic Board Information

the domainname before I started the import of 2 forums.

Backround:

1. I made several testimports on a XF installation under the domainame x
2. After that I copied all files of the server to a new domainname y, kept the database of the old one (x) intact, only deleted the content of the tables. BUT I missed to change in ACP of "y" the new domainname/URL. There is still the old domainname visible of "x"
3. I then started the real import of 2 big vb forums via the URL of "y".

What shall I do now? The 2 imports seemd to work fine. Do I need to do everything again?

Can I change now afterwards the URL in the ACP or do I crash everything with it?

If I change now the domainname in the ACP and make further omports of other vbforums, will teher be a conflict with the first 2 vbforum imports?

I could cry about my stupidity !!!!

snoopy5

Does anybody can help here?

This is no testimport. So I am under time pressure...

The two vb imports took together already 10 hours toghether because of over 65.000 images...

snoopy5

Yes, you can change the URL at any time without crashing your forum :)

Is this for sure? I am close to a heart attack.... I will give it a try then now and change now the URL in ACP and continue then with further vbforums imports of other vb forums...

Thanks for the quick reply!

Insy

Is this for sure? I am close to a heart attack.... I will give it a try then now and change now the URL in ACP and continue then with further vbforums imports of other vb forums...
Make a backup if you prefer but yes, you won't have a heart attack by changing the URL.