Big boards do not equal big revenue

Robby

Very strange fact. I have searched for a lot of big forums but the revenue of big boards don't always equal big revenue if i may believe websitecalculators?
Is there anybody that can tell me why?
What are the secrets of good revenue with boards?

There are many factors to consider also:
  • Kind of Visitors
  • Niche
  • Content
  • Ad Placement
  • Others
And do not believe on website calculators :D

Very strange fact. I have searched for a lot of big forums but the revenue of big boards don't always equal big revenue if i may believe websitecalculators?

Being a big board alone isn't enough, you need user activity, though usually the 2 are linked.

There are many factors to consider also:
  • Kind of Visitors
  • Niche
  • Content
  • Ad Placement
  • Others
And do not believe on website calculators :D
This.

There's so many factors which means big boards don't equal big revenue, but having a big board definitely increases your chances.

Some would say more than 500k or 1million posts. Others would say more than 1 million unique monthly visitors. There is no fixed definition.

Where did you find a list of revenue earned by "big boards"?

Where did you find a list of revenue earned by "big boards"?
I didn't. I just ran a couple of dozans through websitecalculators. Different calculators that all say the same thijg. I know you can't rely completely on them but there are Some points that keep me thinking. Your board is on every calculator very profitable.:)

I didn't. I just ran a couple of dozans through websitecalculators. Different calculators that all say the same thijg. I know you can't rely completely on them but there are Some points that keep me thinking. Your board is on every calculator very profitable.:)
You might as well just create a random number generator to decide how much a site makes. That's about as accurate an automated revenue calculator is.

For example, I just tried one you can actually validate against (publicly traded, so they report revenue).

Revenue for apple.com is $28,400,000 per year it says... actually they make $170,910,000,000 per year. So the calculator things it takes them a year to make what they earn in 1.4 minutes (24/7).

Point is, they are utter crap... and literally as accurate as a random number generator.

Fact is that no many owners of big boards come out with there revenue what i understand ufcourse but it would be nice if more of them share their stories about what worked for them.
So we little guys can dream.:)

Of course those calculators can't work, as mentioned there are many variables, even with the right formula you'd need to input all variables.

Maybe you can take an AdSense average in a particular industry, then calculate the average against the unique monthly visitors. Obviously there are many ways large boards can create revenue outside of AdSense.

Last edited:
Top Bottom