• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Lack of interest Better WYSIWYG controls

There should be an option keep the rich-text editor enabled, but disable WYSIWYG.

I'm perfectly capable of manually formatting my post, without being forced to use noob-controls, thank you.

I am honestly shocked that the only options XenForo has are WYSIWYG ENABLED or NO RICH-TEXT editor. It really makes no logical sense. (There needs to be a setting to allow rich-text without WYSIWYG).

There should also be global admin controls over such settings.

I'm just accustomed to using the vBulletin 'standard' toolbar editor. I find it weird that there is no option aside from WYSIWYG in Xenforo. But it's early days for me (bought a license today) so I guess I'll get used to it...

Consider this a knee-jerk reaction (for now) I guess...

cclaerhout

@Jashugan
On XenForo the so called "Bb Code editor" is in fact a textarea without any editor, that's a difference from vB which might explain why you didn't immediately understand. If you want to add a Bb Code editor there are two addons for this: the one Chris quoted, Minorin which is simple but very good (I didn't try the last update), and the one Chris has used at a time on his own website, Markitup, which can be customized and extended.

The others editors available on the Resource manager are not only Bb Code editors:
  • There's TinyMCE in this addon for people who need a full editor with a better dom management and much more options. This editor is meant to replace the default XenForo editor (for the selected usergroups) ; Bb Codes can of course work in it.
  • There's CK editor in this addon but only for HTML editing in the admin panel at some particular locations.

@Jashugan
On XenForo the so called "Bb Code editor" is in fact a textarea without any editor, that's a difference from vB which might explain why you didn't immediately understand. If you want to add a Bb Code editor there are two addons for this: the one Chris quoted, Minorin which is simple but very good (I didn't try the last update), and the one Chris has used at a time on his own website, Markitup, which can be customized and extended.

The others editors available on the Resource manager are not only Bb Code editors:
  • There's TinyMCE in this addon for people who need a full editor with a better dom management and much more options. This editor is meant to replace the default XenForo editor (for the selected usergroups) ; Bb Codes can of course work in it.
  • There's CK editor in this addon but only for HTML editing in the admin panel at some particular locations.
Thanks for that.

I absolutely DESPISE wysiwyg (like copy-pasting retaining it's original formatting....).