Lack of interest Better Wording for Some Moderation Items

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Amaury

• Undelete Threads > Restore Threads
  • Undelete Posts > Restore Posts
  • Unapprove Threads > Moderate Threads
  • Unapprove Posts > Moderate Posts

In addition, undelete and unapprove aren't even words going by the spellchecker.

These all relate to moderation, so one thread should be okay.

Last edited:
Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
These are all designed to be direct counterparts to the approve/delete actions, so the wording is designed to reflect that. (Disapprove is generally not a direct opposite of this form of "approve".) Not to say I'm not open to it in theory, but I don't see a compelling reason to change it.

I think it would be more clear if it was:

Unapprove Threads > Moderate Threads
Unapprove Posts > Moderate Posts

(Disapprove is generally not a direct opposite of this form of "approve".)

Forgot to ask earlier because I'm not exactly sure what you mean here. Isn't "reject" the exact opposite of "approve" since you're denying something?

Edit: And I guess if this ever did get implemented, those terms would have to be changed in other areas as well for consistency (e.g., the moderator log).

Edit #2: And thinking about it, "moderate," as Andy brought up, does make more sense than "reject" since you're not exactly rejecting the content, just placing it in moderation. That's probably what you meant in the above quote?

I think I'll update the OP.

Last edited:
Forgot to ask earlier because I'm not exactly sure what you mean here. Isn't "reject" the exact opposite of "approve" since you're denying something?
I'm referring to the fact that we are intentionally using the same root words to make the relationship between the actions clear.

I can't say that "moderate" is clear for sending something back into the queue (as "moderate" the verb is more of a general action, covering the general activities of a moderator).

I'm referring to the fact that we are intentionally using the same root words to make the relationship between the actions clear.

I can't say that "moderate" is clear for sending something back into the queue (as "moderate" the verb is more of a general action, covering the general activities of a moderator).

Gotcha.

Ah, makes sense. Then even though you're not currently inclined to change anything, you'd probably agree more with reject?

Top Bottom