Better smiley selection

Lone Wolf

I'm not sure if anyone has asked this yet but will you be able to have a better smiley selection method. Currently if you have larger smileys or lots of smileys then it's hard to present them neatly.

It has already been changed in the editor from a table layout to a div layout, based on feedback.

I increased the width of the dropdown on my site.
Add to EXTRA.css:
Code:
/* Increase width of smiley dropdown menu */
.xenForoSkin .mceSmiliesMenu div {
width: 398px !important;
}

Change the width to suit.

It has already been changed in the editor from a table layout to a div layout, based on feedback.

I increased the width of the dropdown on my site.
Add to EXTRA.css:
Code:
/* Increase width of smiley dropdown menu */
.xenForoSkin .mceSmiliesMenu div {
width: 398px !important;
}

Change the width to suit.

Thanks Brogan but what if I want dozens of smilies and they wont fit naturally in a dropdown box?

It might need a few tweaks, but nothing major.
The problem is when the guy who created the MOD don't cares anymore to update it, since I know last time, someone was gone to their home convince him to make a new version of the MOD. :unsure:

I've been maintaining it myself when backward-compatibility breaks occur.
That's Nice. :)

At least untill Xenforo gets more MODs that's something really need, because if something breaks there is no alternative at the momment. :LOL:

*stops updating his mods, so kier can do it*

*stretches in lazy / comfy chair with a book*

To be honest, I requested this add-on and when nobody even entertained the request one guy stepped up, off his own back and contacted me to build it. What I'm saying is you should show a little more respect since nobody even entertained building a smiley manager solution and your lucky unlike some people whom deleted their add-ons he left his intact.

Smarmy remarks when the guy isn't even here to defend himself and who knows, chances are he's busy or has a life that takes priority over online stuff.

Smarmy remarks when the guy isn't even here to defend himself and who knows, chances are he's busy or has a life that takes priority over online stuff.

I dont think anyone was attacking the original creator, if anything it's the opposite. We're praising the add-on as a near core functionality.

What I dont get is why Kier doesnt just add it into the core for 1.1, it would save him a lot of work maintaining it seperately and would make us much happier too!

What I dont get is why Kier doesnt just add it into the core for 1.1, it would save him a lot of work maintaining it seperately and would make us much happier too!
I'm maintaining it to retain the original functionality of the add-on. If I were to do an alternative smiley system for the core, I would do something quite different.

I'm maintaining it to retain the original functionality of the add-on. If I were to do an alternative smiley system for the core, I would do something quite different.

Im sure it would be great, looking forward to it when you do.

I dont think anyone was attacking the original creator, if anything it's the opposite. We're praising the add-on as a near core functionality.

I know the functionality is good, and worthy core material I designed the mockup on how it should function. I proposed the same mockup design at ipb and they now have it in, infact the day I suggested it they had it in and refined with a couple of days and running on their forums. Verdict: Progress.

Time, Higher priorities, other features needing attending to, 1.1 coming shortly pick one.

That wasn't what I was getting at though. *double shrugs* *drinks coffee* *shrugs some more*

*ponders on designing smiley signs slate add-on creators day*

*shrugs again* :rolleyes:

Top Bottom