1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Better smiley selection

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by Lone Wolf, Sep 23, 2011.

1. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if anyone has asked this yet but will you be able to have a better smiley selection method. Currently if you have larger smileys or lots of smileys then it's hard to present them neatly.

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

It has already been changed in the editor from a table layout to a div layout, based on feedback.

I increased the width of the dropdown on my site.
    Add to EXTRA.css:
    Code:
    /* Increase width of smiley dropdown menu */
    .xenForoSkin .mceSmiliesMenu div {
    width: 398px !important;
    }
    Change the width to suit.

3. Lone Wolf

Thanks Brogan but what if I want dozens of smilies and they wont fit naturally in a dropdown box?

4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

5. mauzao9

mauzao9 Well-Known Member

6. Kier

Kier XenForo Developer Staff Member

It might need a few tweaks, but nothing major.

Shelley likes this.
  7. mauzao9

The problem is when the guy who created the MOD don't cares anymore to update it, since I know last time, someone was gone to their home convince him to make a new version of the MOD. :unsure:

8. Kier

I've been maintaining it myself when backward-compatibility breaks occur.

M@rc, Kevin, Lone Wolf and 2 others like this.
  9. mauzao9

That's Nice. :)

At least untill Xenforo gets more MODs that's something really need, because if something breaks there is no alternative at the momment. :LOL:

10. Floris

Floris Guest

*stops updating his mods, so kier can do it*

*stretches in lazy / comfy chair with a book*

Peggy likes this.
  11. mauzao9

GO WORK UPDATING MODS! :mad: -rawr

12. Floris

Floris Guest

13. kkm323

kkm323 Well-Known Member

XenForo rocks and the mods are great so far ;)

14. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

To be honest, I requested this add-on and when nobody even entertained the request one guy stepped up, off his own back and contacted me to build it. What I'm saying is you should show a little more respect since nobody even entertained building a smiley manager solution and your lucky unlike some people whom deleted their add-ons he left his intact.

Smarmy remarks when the guy isn't even here to defend himself and who knows, chances are he's busy or has a life that takes priority over online stuff.

15. Lone Wolf

I dont think anyone was attacking the original creator, if anything it's the opposite. We're praising the add-on as a near core functionality.

What I dont get is why Kier doesnt just add it into the core for 1.1, it would save him a lot of work maintaining it seperately and would make us much happier too!

16. Kier

I'm maintaining it to retain the original functionality of the add-on. If I were to do an alternative smiley system for the core, I would do something quite different.

17. Lone Wolf

Im sure it would be great, looking forward to it when you do.

18. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

I know the functionality is good, and worthy core material I designed the mockup on how it should function. I proposed the same mockup design at ipb and they now have it in, infact the day I suggested it they had it in and refined with a couple of days and running on their forums. Verdict: Progress.

Time, Higher priorities, other features needing attending to, 1.1 coming shortly pick one.

That wasn't what I was getting at though. *double shrugs* *drinks coffee* *shrugs some more*

*ponders on designing smiley signs slate add-on creators day*

*shrugs again* :rolleyes: