Better security - no more nulled xenforo's out there :)

Heavy

I think that the security of xenforo script should be better, that eg when installing, you have to log in to your xenforo.com account, and when upgrading. Obviously, only customers to do this.

What do you think about this?

It is so sad that so many people use nulled xenforo versions.

Support this suggestion, and give a like! :)

#STOPNULLERS

No, people with nulled versions will decrease strongly.

The thing is that people who bought xenforo share it on other websites.
If when you need to be a customer to install it becomes increasingly difficult?

There is no waste of time to do this.

To say that it is "wate of time" is like saying "I do not care."

In what way will it hurt your customers and their ability to customize XF?
The only way to do this is to load part of the xenforo software code from xenforo.com servers and encrypt this. (unencrypted code will just be copied and added to the download package)
But this means that any part of xenforo that makes use of this part of the code can no longer be modified or reviewed. A few hooks could be added but that's it. This would limit customizing, addon development and could be problematic for stability and security. Now anyone can review the code and report issues.
Mind that almost anything can be reverse engineered. Some people still run nulled adobe creative cloud products. And that runs from adobe cloud.

So the solution you suggest implies bigger problems than it solves.

I think that the security of xenforo script should be better, that eg when installing, you have to log in to your xenforo.com account, and when upgrading. Obviously, only customers to do this.

What do you think about this?

It is so sad that so many people use nulled xenforo versions.

Support this suggestion, and give a like! :)

#STOPNULLERS
:eek::barefoot:

Regardless of the piracy aspect, not knowing to what extent the code has been tampered with is reason enough not to use a nulled copy of XF. Someone could easily disable the file checks and plant a backdoor to gain access to your server and database. I'm sure this has been done with other scripts before. You take a big risk using any nulled script, imo.

not knowing to what extent the code has been tampered with is reason enough not to use a nulled copy of XF. Someone could easily disable the file checks and plant a backdoor to gain access to your server and database.
Indeed. I doubt that a lot of serious or successful webmasters would use nulled community software. It does not make sense. Sooner or later it causes problems.

Indeed. I doubt that a lot of serious or successful webmasters would use nulled community software. It does not make sense. Sooner or later it causes problems.
No, seems like it dont causes problems. I reported a site like 4 months ago when i did not even own a xenforo license. As nothing happend to him i called the police and know waiting for a report..

No, seems like it dont causes problems. I reported a site like 4 months ago when i did not even own a xenforo license. As nothing happend to him i called the police and know waiting for a report..

Questions as to how you are sure its even nulled are raised. No copyright is the usual excuse and it makes us laugh pretty hard.

If it is nulled and their host doesn't comply with DMCA take downs then any police agency you may have contacted likely can't do anything either.

Reactions: Xon
I called the police to report the site using a nulled forum software. I have tried to do EVERYTHING to shut down the site..

Top Bottom