Duplicate Better Forum merge

Carlos

In VB, one of the things that I was not keen on, was [mass] moving threads. When I administrated a forum back in 2004, I intended to mass move a forum to a new forum. Instead, I mass moved the entire forum posts into a specific forum. My bad. :(

What I want is better management of Forum/Sub-Forum merge(s). For example, in my vB instance at my site, I want to move whatever was [threads] in my 'content' sub-forum, and move it into the parent forum. Or even better, merging that sub forum into the parent forum. I also want the database to remember what I merged, and if possible - undo it.

This is what I mean for example:

I don't have any post in Xbox 360 discussion, but its sub forum is the one that gets used a lot - lets call it Xbox 360 content. I want to merge that Xbox 360 content into Xbox 360 discussion - so all posts that were in Content, its in Discussion.

Likewise, I want better forum to forum merges (I'm not talking about importing here) - this is perfect if you had just bought a forum (and you imported posts/forums into the destination instance), and you want to merge all older content into the forum(s) of your choice(s).

Upvote 2
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
isn't this already a feature in vb3? under threads you could select a specific forum then all threads and send them to a destination forum. I'm sure xf has this sort of thing also by default.

isn't this already a feature in vb3? under threads you could select a specific forum then all threads and send them to a destination forum. I'm sure xf has this sort of thing also by default.

Yes, and No, 3.x allows you to mass move a number of threads, but the number you can move is limited.

Top Bottom