1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Duplicate Better Forum merge

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by Carlos, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

In VB, one of the things that I was not keen on, was [mass] moving threads. When I administrated a forum back in 2004, I intended to mass move a forum to a new forum. Instead, I mass moved the entire forum posts into a specific forum. My bad. :(

What I want is better management of Forum/Sub-Forum merge(s). For example, in my vB instance at my site, I want to move whatever was [threads] in my 'content' sub-forum, and move it into the parent forum. Or even better, merging that sub forum into the parent forum. I also want the database to remember what I merged, and if possible - undo it.

This is what I mean for example:

I don't have any post in Xbox 360 discussion, but its sub forum is the one that gets used a lot - lets call it Xbox 360 content. I want to merge that Xbox 360 content into Xbox 360 discussion - so all posts that were in Content, its in Discussion.

Likewise, I want better forum to forum merges (I'm not talking about importing here) - this is perfect if you had just bought a forum (and you imported posts/forums into the destination instance), and you want to merge all older content into the forum(s) of your choice(s).

CurveGotti and Nizar Meddeb like this.
  2. Blandt

Blandt Well-Known Member

I second that, not to mention keeping the threads relevant ;)

3. Brandon

Brandon Active Member

isn't this already a feature in vb3? under threads you could select a specific forum then all threads and send them to a destination forum. I'm sure xf has this sort of thing also by default.

4. Blandt

Blandt Well-Known Member

yes VB does this

5. CurveGotti

CurveGotti Active Member

Yes, and No, 3.x allows you to mass move a number of threads, but the number you can move is limited.

6. AdamD

AdamD Well-Known Member

Not if you're an admin, the mass move/prune feature is unlimited.

7. CurveGotti

CurveGotti Active Member

nvm Im an idiot Im thinking of the move option outside the acp thats what I get for spending so much time online :-S