Better Blogs [Deleted]

Just a quick question - how would I change the "new blog entries" template to the "recent entries" template?

Just that I find the latter template looks and works better for me on new entries.

Just a quick question - how would I change the "new blog entries" template to the "recent entries" template?

Just that I find the latter template looks and works better for me on new entries.
Do you mean the panel on the sidebar? That one you can customize using BD Widget

No, what I mean is - when I click on the "new entries" button, instead of the page with text excerpts and round date graphics, I would just like to see a forum list, as with the "recent entries" template. It makes for a smoother experience on the forum.

Any reason why, when I click purchase on your add-on that I constantly get -
XF XenForo Add-ons - Add Ons for XenForo Bulletin Board - Error
Sorry. Your purchase cannot be completed at this time.

I've been trying to purchase this for a while now, and have made a few posts on your forum, none of which have received a reply from you. You do seem more active on here, so I'm giving this a shot.

@Rigel Kentaurus I am noticing that around 15% of blog entries are from brand new users who are posting mainly questions and other content best suited to the forum.
Would it be possible in a future release to allow staff to convert the blog entry to a thread and move it into one of the forums? Ideally, the author would get a notification to say it has been converted and moved.

I feel this will allow site owners more editorial control over the blog areas. I don't want my blog section filling up with content which really should be forum content but the content is mainly from new members which I don't want to upset by deleting their blog entry and telling them to post in the forum.

Hope this can be considered.

Cheers,

Rob

Hi @Rigel Kentaurus
Is it possible to feature a member's blog with CTA Featured Threads & Portal?

It is not, there is no integration with Featured Threads so far

Hi,
is it possible to give other users permissions to one blog - such as a community blog where more user can create posts?

I posted this on xfaddons.com, but there is no reaction since months... :-(
http://xfaddons.com/threads/give-write-permission-to-other-users.928/#post-1797

Multi-autor blogs are not a feature. A "workaround" would be to create an account and share that user/password with everyone that wants to participate on it.

Hi,
is it possible to add "Facebook Comments" below an article as standard (means: if i create an article, fb-comments are automatically there) ?

I posted this on xfaddons.com, but there is no reaction... :-(
http://xfaddons.com/threads/facebook-comments.952/

Not right now. Actually there is functionality in the package for that but it was commenting out. The integration proved to be really tricky and I'm still working on it.

Hi,
is it possible to import blogs/posts from wordpress to better blogs?

I posted this on xfaddons.com, but there is no reaction since months... :-(
http://xfaddons.com/threads/wordpress-import.927/

No, the importers are just for the now defunct LNBlog/XIBlog, vBulletin and IPB. There is no wordpress importer available.

@Rigel Kentaurus,
I've been trying to purchase your add-on for weeks now. Sometimes the process gets to paypal (I'll hit process and it'll try and load forever), and sometimes it doesn't. Either way it fails. I would really like an answer on how the heck I can purchase your add-on. I've tried contacting you on your site and here and you just seem to skip over my posts...

@Rigel Kentaurus,
I've been trying to purchase your add-on for weeks now. Sometimes the process gets to paypal (I'll hit process and it'll try and load forever), and sometimes it doesn't. Either way it fails. I would really like an answer on how the heck I can purchase your add-on. I've tried contacting you on your site and here and you just seem to skip over my posts...
I'll take a look. There was an issue with paypal last week that I fixed (SSL issue on PHP 5.6 being the root cause), and that was fixed

@Rigel Kentaurus,
Please try again, I believe I have fixed the purchase flow now

Top Bottom