Better Blogs [Deleted]

I have the free version of better blogs and now have 14 blog posts. It seems that's the limit for the free version? I'm willing to pay the $50 for the full-version, but it am wondering is this add-on supported? Will there be updates soon? And can I easily transfer my blogs from the free version to the paid version?

@Rigel Kentaurus ?

Rigel announced a massive rewrite of this add-on some time ago which should be published soon.
However I don't know the current state of that rewrite.

I have the free version of better blogs and now have 14 blog posts. It seems that's the limit for the free version? I'm willing to pay the $50 for the full-version, but it am wondering is this add-on supported? Will there be updates soon? And can I easily transfer my blogs from the free version to the paid version?

@Rigel Kentaurus ?
Once you install the paid version, everything transfers seamlessly
It is a drop-in replacement, just upload the new files, the xml from the add-ons space, and that's it

Do not uninstall the free version, as that would remove all the posts and data

Upgraded to paid version. Not seeing much difference from free demo. Definitely some bugs to work on. Hope you update this soon!

Is there a way to get a widget on the homepage of the forum to show recent blog entries? That would increase viewership of the blogs substantially.

Upgraded to paid version. Not seeing much difference from free demo. Definitely some bugs to work on. Hope you update this soon!

Is there a way to get a widget on the homepage of the forum to show recent blog entries? That would increase viewership of the blogs substantially.

Yes, it has built-in widgets for Widget Framework as long as you have that add-on

Ok maybe avatar size isn't that big of a deal. But
I am logged in as administrator and I don't see a way to edit blogs? Am I missing something here? I checked my permissions and says can edit blogs.

Ok maybe avatar size isn't that big of a deal. But
I am logged in as administrator and I don't see a way to edit blogs? Am I missing something here? I checked my permissions and says can edit blogs.
You mean the entries? The edit button should be there! :)

Every time I try to import it tries to find the attachment directory. We have no attachments and they are stored in database

Has anyone removed the navigation tab for Better Blogs? I've been thinking of replacing it with a simple menu on blog pages only.

We are facing problems with the display of customization options for "sidebar" and "sidebar text" : they are hidden by the sidebar itself (appears under).
Is there a way to manage this with css ?
Thank you for your help

upload_2015-4-1_14-25-51.webp

When importing data from VB3.8, I am getting the following error.. This happen after clicking on "import entries" button.

Please help.

Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'blog.categories' in 'field list'

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 734
  5. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchAll() in XfAddOns/Blogs/Importer/BlogsVbulletin.php at line 444
  6. XfAddOns_Blogs_Importer_BlogsVbulletin->stepEntries() in XenForo/Importer/Abstract.php at line 97
  7. XenForo_Importer_Abstract->runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 187
  8. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 239
  9. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_startStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 182
  10. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->actionStartStep() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
  11. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  12. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home2/ahbain00/public_html/community/admin.php at line 13

Top Bottom